Anyone have their undercarriage sprayed with rhino liner?

If so,

How much?

Any thoughts?

What about a little bit of pre existing rust? Will the rust continue to eat the metal?

i think there is some type of primer that you have to use anyways, so the primer should stop the rust

ha, primer DOES NOT stop rust.

for rust protection read this thread: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34471

primer actually causes rust if you dont paint over it.

rhinoliner would fall off the undercarraige, the prep work is insane to make any bedliner stick properly.

^ They offer it at Ziebarts. Prolly not exactly the same stuff as the bedliner, but my buddy said it’s almost the same texture.

If you Rhinoline existing rust without treatment, you’ll accelerate the rot.

Yeah you’ll just lock in moisture. Don’t do that.

they have undercarriage spray i use, but i had to clean up the bottom of the car first, and its not as tough as rhino liner, can be scrapped off much easier, its 4$ a can at advance, i use it on the summer whip, make sure the bottom of the car is DRY and CLEAN, works fucking wonders

on the winter car spray used oil from a 10$ harbor freight paint gun, works great =)

+1

Which contains amounts of gasoline?

Which is acidic?

i didnt mean actual primer lol, its something u apply as the “primer stage”

i want to do this to my next truck, ive seen a few done right… and they look great

Meh. I’d take used oil over winter salt any day.

fucking x2

and for the record, our oil does not contain any fuel, we sell about 1 fuel filter a year since theyre 70$, but the oil does have antifreeze, keeps the frame from overheating

I think he’s just talking about gases blowing past the rings into the crankcase, but either way there’s probably worse shit in the air around here. :roflpicard:

lol didnt even think about that haha

If you already have rust, wire wheel it off then use por15.

Rustop ftw

use por15 on the rust. then undercoat the rest. use a good quality undercoating, such as the 3m rubberised undercoating.