Trust/Greddy Bankrupt

Very dreadful, but I am sure they will not be disappearing. Too much goodies in their product line to let this company dissolve.

that sux… i guess GReddy Trust components will become collectors now! :slight_smile:

There was this “official press release” posted on another forum and I am trying to find the original source for it. I am not sure what to believe other than that I don’t think Greddy/Trust will become non existent in the future. I think they will continue operations and probably have a management overhaul to get itself out of the toilet.

Another Blog brought up a good point. Apexi went through the same ordeal sometime ago and managed to stay afloat. Given the amount of capital that this company has amassed, they won’t fold easily. Their name is too reputable and they have a good market share out here.

Trust/GReddy in Japan have encountered a minor cash trading problem. As a respected Japanese Company which has operated successfully for 30 years, they are currently being backed by the Japanese Government to successfully trade into the future.
The company has extensive cash reserves and will continue to receive product and components from their suppliers. They will continue to supply GReddy Oceania as per normal. We are assured that all orders placed by GReddy Oceania are either underway or in transit.
Following extensive discussion with Japan today we are confident that there will be no disruption in the distribution of GReddy product in Australia and New Zealand.
I will keep you informed.

Allan Murray
Manager
GReddy Oceania

I’m sure they will just start from scratch, because didn’t apex’i declare bankruptcy a little while back.

The tuner business model is still quiet young and the companies in it are unfortunately quite suspectible to folding during downturns because they don’t possess enough of a cash flow to chug through the tough times. Also, since there is no major corps in the aftermarket scene, all companies being small to medium size, there is no buy-outs, a common solution in most other lines of business. Hopefully GREDDY will pull through otherwise its going to be bleak for the aftermarket scene since it never had any luck attracting any serious coin to begin with.

It didn’t help that NHRA pulled the plug on The NOPI Series this year, either.

Yet Megan and OBX are still around. I hope someone buys them out and keeps the company alive.

Looks like Greddy will still be around…for now, so it’s business as usual

…According to the release, Trust filed for “Minji-saisei-hou” in Japan, the equivalent of Chapter 11 in the States, that will allow the performance parts manufacturer to continue its business while it reorganizes. That process will have “little, if any effect on GReddy Performance Products” in the U.S. GReddy plans to feature three new project vehicles at SEMA this year, and both Trust and GReddy have adequate inventory and personnel to service customers.