Truth about my new motor...

I kind of feel bad about it about keeping it on the down low having people think its a stock LS1…

the truth is, Its a 01 LS6…heres the story…

They went to go order the LS1 Long block. Right from GM they wanted 6k for it, and it would have taken a week to get there…Well, they did some more local searching and ended up finding a local long block that was in a ware house for a few years…well since it was there for a while, they sold the Long block for 3800.00…catch is, it was a left over LS6…NOT the 405 hp one, the 385hp rated one…The 01 LS6. John knew, Bret knew, and one of my other friends knew, but that is all. When I was getting gas today off exit 8, a northstar tech approached me and asked me how the new motor was running…I said very well, I already have over 400 miles on it…He said yah, you made out on one hell of a deal with a dealership covered LS6…At first, I was planning on never saying anything so I ground off the 243 numbers off the head to destroy the evidence about a week ago lol…The car only has the current old LS1 factory tune in it, so the motor has ALOT more in it, after a good dyno tune…that is all.

i knew too :nod

shit pulls hard.

hahahaha i kinda figures there was more after that donut…

well like I said, She needs a dyno tune. I need to get the 01-02 Z06 Fuel trims/timing tables etc and write them onto my car…then it will be running alot better.

yea dude, couldn’t you just have the dealership flash it as a z06 file or do you have to do that hp tuners stuff?

HP Tuners. Dealership doesnt have the stuff to do things like that…I will have morgan do it when he gets his HP Tuners up and running.

word, so that wthing will be essentially an 01 z06 no?

pretty much…a little slower then one tho. Prolly around the same as a bone stock one vs my bolt on one because they are lighter and better aerodynamics.

dang

I want a dealer to warranty ME a e60 m5 v10 :idiots

The real lsx is coming out to show you whats up drew…sorry has to be done

weeeee im in.

doooo eeeeeetttt!

sneaky bastard! ;D

oh thats not fair

i had more than a good idea when i asked how his ls1 was the other night and all i got back was a shit eating grin at hess… i knew some game was afoot at that point in time.

im not gonna run cars that are way out of my league…

well all i have to say is, i beat an ls6

from a dig :nod

traction isnt my friend :headbang :headbang

a win is a win in my book

your correct! no denying it there!