Tuning Question

Tuning question:

I am going to be getting my car dyno’d in the next month or two and I’m still not certain on the type of fuel I’m gonna be running: (pump/C16, or E85/E95) If I went with the 93oct/C16 tune, could I be on my “race gas tune” for C16 and throw in some 112 from Altamont ave and just drop the boost pressure?? I’m not going to run around with C16 continuously, so 112 would be a little cheaper for some street “race gas”.

Thanks for some “hopefully” intelligent input.
-Dan

why dont you just tune it to the 112 if thats what youre going to run.

^ Exactly. Dont do that.

Tune for whatever fuel you plan on running.

BC, when I go to the track/when I’m feeling baller I’d like to have the option of running the good stuff.

C16 is a waste. You will get the same results from 112 Dan

112 from Altamont ave,or C12? There is a dif right??

Sunoco 112 vs VP 112. you probably wont make a whole lot more from 112 to C16(116/117) and its kind of late to decide if you want to use E85 or leaded race fuel now. they require different systems… to run the level you want on E85 youd need more injector than youve already got, youd need some Aeroquip alcohol/methanol safe line, etc etc. do a 93 and a 112 map, and if you feel “baller” do a C16 one as well… im sure going from 112 to C16 wouldnt take a whole lot of work to optimze for the fuel

The c16 is totally not needed.

to answer your question, as long as your race map doesnt have agressive timing with the added boost pressure u should be fine to just lower ur boost to XX psi while on 112.

:excited

Ya it is!

He is not supra god…duh

Just have it tuned on 112 dude. And I think E85 will be a bit out of the question for you…you’d need like 12 fuel pumps.

unless he plans to have a drum(5 or 55gal) of C16, id stick to what can be bought locally(not at lvd) make what can be made safely on the 112. im sure itll be plenty of power. the knock threshold is pretty high im sure.

:rofl

SRSLY though, If I had 112 available to me when I had my car tuned I’d do that too. C16 was my best option at that point. :ahh

if i heard correctly, 2 tank pumps, and 2 inline.

Lmao

I’m planning on getting this fuel lab in line pump. It’s the 42401 and flows 170gph ~ 670ish lph at a higher psi than the walbro’s. It’s almost like having 3 intank walbro’s. That’ll support my fuel needs for sure. Price isn’t to bad either…

You wont buy it

haha, watch me…
It’s only like $450, then I’ll just have to have some -10 lines made for it and get rid of my -8 lines