Tuning shop needed around the gta (clean and no what there doing)4 sr20det with aem

Whats up everyone
I live in stoney creek, what i got is a s14 with red top sr20det I need some tuning company (shop) thats around the horse shoe area thats clean knows what there doing with aem stand alone and sr20dets. . plz dont ask me that i need this part and that part , i should have everything ready to go ,if i need a part i will ask them THANKS

1 NAME OF PLACE
2 LOCATION
3 PHONE #
4 AND if you can RATE 1 TO 10

Although I sold my dyno, still whilling to help some dudes out if they’re in a bind. Send me a PM if you want to discuss

bump anybody come on

Rs tuning in Woodbridge
Pur automotive
Dynamotorsports in northyork
Street power in Mississauga
Neeteonix in oakville/burlington
Magnus Motorsports in Woodbridge
Spliftire in Brampton

These are just the ones I know off hand. There are probably more, maybe even some in the niagara region, just google it. I can’t vouch for all of them but dynamotorsports is good and rs tuning has been tuning 240sx for Years now. Give these shops a call, or find one close to you and ask what motors and EMS they are fimiliar with and go from there.

THANK YOU u da man

Brian at APH
Ruckus motorsports

Magnus does good work.

I’m looking for a shop in the GTA area too - I live in Kitchener.

I just got a GT28RS turbo last year, bigger injectors, intake manifold and got an ECU tune from RS enthalpy.
I have an Innovate wideband air fuel meter.

My question is: Can I get a decent tune without investing in a controller unit (i.e. Apexi Neo or similar)?
I’ve been told there are a lot of things that can be adjusted (e.g. timing, etc.) without a controller unit.

I’ve also noticed that when the car is warmed up, if I turn it off and try to start it again right away (i.e. when filling up for gas) it’s very, very difficult to start. Turns over but turns over for a long time before it starts. I don’t want it to be perfect, but thought I might get a bit more power, smooth things out, and solve these issues with a tune.

If I need to invest in a controller unit I will, but thought I might be able to get away without it. Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Yes you can get a custom tune without a piggyback controller. You chip the ECU and use Nistune or Nismotronic to adjust the fuel and timing maps. For this you will likely need a new stock ECU to be chipped ($100+) and then dyno time ($600+) Maybe a local tuner can adjust what you have now depending on how it was done.

I would just get a reflash for that RS ECU. Costs around $100 I beleive. Tell the guy about the hard starting issue and maybe he will have a suggestion or can make some changes. People complain that mail order tunes cause their car to run bad, but in most cases there is some other underlying issue. There are plenty of people making 350+whp on those ECUs.

Thanks very much for the reply.
If I understand correctly, if I got the chip re-flashed, I’d still need some type of other chip to piggyback to the unit, like nistune or other so that a shop could adjust the maps? I know the chips aren’t that expensive, but when I last looked into nistune, it was a chip, plus another controller unit, plus a license, putting the cost close to $1000. I know the benefit is that then you can tune it whenever you want, but I’m really not planning on messing around with it once it’s properly tuned.

When all is said in done, I might still be better off with a controller unit. I’ll give RS enthalpy a call and see what they say. Any other feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Does anyone know of a tuning shop in the GTA that has a nistune license?

I think that may be the best way to go.
Buy the board, get my ECU reflashed and get it dynoed with Nistune software.

Any knowledge of what shops in the area use Nistune would be appreciated.

What is the most used ecu for tuning at these shops??? Apexi, Aem, etc??? In other words who is the dominant standalone ecu manufacturer that these shops are most comfortable tuning with.