Tuning with AEM wideband

ok hes my situation, i have bought a burner, my ecu is being socketed, iv been messing around with live edit (nissan tuning software) and i have maps downloaded for very close to my exact setup. but it will change some and once i up the boost it will change more so im going to buy a laptop for tuning. ill obviously need a wideband also. im pretty much set on the zeitronix due to the fact that it is very inexpensive and that it will datalog not only a/f but rpms and boost if i buy the boost sensor. only thing i dont liek is that there is no readout for when i dont have the laptop with me and im not driving around with all the time lol. now on the aem site it says that their unit has a connection for datalogging, but it seems like i would need my own program, so my question is, is there any way to log rpms with the aem or some other way?

also, say i bought the aem, but also bought the harness for the zeitronix could i splice into the aem sensor wires so i could use a friends zeitronix wideband? or would i need to buy a seperate sensor?

wow thats a tough one, for me however, i have SCT advantage tuning software, and it comes with a datalogger/flashtuner unit that plugs into the obd2 port, and you download the software for the datalogging off their website, i can use any wideband i want as long as i can connect a cable to it and run it to my datalog tool as an analog input 1 or 2, and it will log right along with the rest of my scalars. im sure you can find similar software to download and run it into the log as an analog same way

I am using the PLX (LM-300) unit which has output for basic O2 simulation as well as outputs for logging. DSMLink reads the stock inputs which you can wire to to other things to log with. It all depends on your fuel/engine management software.

The only way I would get the AEM Wideband is if I was using the EMS because they work so well with each other and are made to work with one another. Other than that, there solutions out there that are just as good that don’t cost AEM prices…