:tup: for discount tires direct

I’m so happy with discount tires direct right now that I had to give them a thread as thanks.

for those at dunnville, you know that I blew up my wheel and tire.

so I called discount hoping that maybe they would give me just a little discount since it was a new-ish tire. I did not buy their warranty so I was just hoping that I got somebody in a nice mood.

well they gave me a new 18" kumho AST for $60 shipped and threw in a free warranty on it and all of the other tires that I already own. now that it taking care of your customers!

as for the wheel, the guy that I purchased the CSL replica from wants pics and will consider covering it… so fingers crossed.

:eekdance:

:tup:

My bro and Dad are regulars there and they have been super happy everytime. That company takes awesome care of their customers and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone have something bad to say about them.

Sounds like awesome customer service. :tup:

I have bought every set of tires from them for the last six years. They have been great!

I think I bought my very first set of wheels and tires through them.

My mom still rocks them on her Maxima. :smiley:

Pictures of said broken wheel. What happened?

best company i have ever dealt with.i bought a set of wheels off of them and procrastinated. over a year later i finally tried to put them on realizing that one was the wrong bolt pattern. they exchanged them out paying for all shipping and taking care of everything. due to the length of time they could have told me to pound salt.
in the beginning of april i got hurt at work and ended up in the hospital. while i was in the hospital somebody tried stealing my wheels. for some reason they didn’t succeed in taking them but managed to get some of my lug nuts. i called Discount tire direct to order more but they just sent them to me free of charge.

there was info in the dunnville thread… it’s hard to say exactly why the tire let go, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the tire being stretched plus hitting a rock made everything explode.

yay, good news!

It just looks like the tire failed or is there more damage to the wheel?

How was the air pressure before that lap?

they both failed, it’s hard to say which caused the other’s death.

air pressure were in the mid 30s which is as high as I want to go on something like a kumho AST.

mid 30’s cold? that seems really low for a roadcourse.

no, hot… it just eats the center tread and gives less traction if you go any higher.