Turbo 3800 Series II Camaro.

Sweet. Did you get a noticable power gain from using the cam? Are you running forced induction or na? That stage 3 will give me rough idle s i will need some computer mods. Do you know a place that can mae me a custom ECU for my application? I still ned to be able to pass emissions and all so… Gotta find out someone who can tune it for me. :x:

haha I still haven’t started the car yet :embarass: I’ve gotta reflash the pcm tomorrow then give it a go. I have tuning software but I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet, I do know how to disable codes however.

Its got an m90 on it now so I guess that means it’ll be boosted :cool:

Sweet. Best of luck to you! I hope everything works out good.

its alright so far

I melted the cat last night tho, so uh…gotta fix that :stuck_out_tongue:

You melted the car??? Damn, I hope all can get fixed! I took the front clip off mine finally for the front end conversion, so, getting close to start pulling motor.

watch the boost you put thru on a stock shortblock. it’s coming out now that the ring end gaps aren’t suited to take extremely high combustion temps. they bind and take out the ring land. it makes it look like it’s detonation related but it’s not entirely. turbo cars are more vulernable than m90 ones

Yeah… I dunno, I was planning on running about 20-25psi tops. The guys from forcefed fabrications are running 15psi. so I dunno. Dont want it to blow though…

20-25psi on a stock shortblock? Umm, even 15psi sounds like way too much. The 3800 Series II in your Camaro isn’t identical to that in a GTP or something that was built for boost. And even those aren’t going to take 20-25psi.

-TJ

either motor will take it, but not reliably. I highly doubt you can get 25 psi with the 9.4:1 comp ratio of a L36 without encountering either rod bearings overheating or the top ring binding.

the L67 in the GTP wasn’t built for much boost at all, it’s not physically any stronger than the L36 in my car. The only thing that gives it any element of reliability is the compression ratio, which comes strictly from the more neg piston dish

while the L36 has longer rods and shorter pistons it’s not been determined that its any weaker. both hate knock

Oh no! Dont get me wrong. Compression ratio os going to 8.1:1. If i run it on stock compression, im gonna see pistons flying. There will not be anything stock on the inside of the motor.

a 70mm turbo might be much for that car! If its a true 70mm that is! My car made 700+rwhp on a true 74mm at only 28psi… full tilt is around 34-36 on that turbo.

Wow… Thats alot of power. If i get like in the 450-500rwh range ill be more than happy. Some of the other guys got about 440-460 on a mustang dyno, so i guess thats about 500 on a dynojet. Not sure that the diff is. Was also thinking about a small shot of NOS. Maybe 50shot.

a 50 shot just to get off the line before the turbo spools is a decent idea

450-500 is definitely doable. that’s about the norm for a high end turbo setup

Yeah, thats all I wanted is to be able to help it get off the line. They have a Stoker kit for the 3800. I think it takes it out to like a 4.1 or something like that. Does anyone know anything about them? Recomended or not?