Turbo build people, do you run water cooling?

Who makes them. I have yet to see a turbo like this. You would think that STS would go with something like this, so they wouldn’t need an external oil pump.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Not really asking if I should or not, I am just wondering how many people do. It seems like a pretty large majority do not run water.

Comp Turbo makes them. Despite the backlash, resistance and bullshit stories from the market with “he said she knows this guy whos girlfriends cousins brothers uncle had a failure” nonsense, they are solid from what I have seen and heard first hand. I will be running them on our new packages and on my own car.

ive never ran any coolant lines to the turbos on any of the setups ive had. I did it purely for simplicity/reliability reasons. My new turbo (Precision Turbo) doesnt even have a provision in the centersection to run coolant lines to it anyway. The only thing that ive seen and heard about not using them the turbo might run hotter, so if you were out running around on the highway and then just shut the engine down, the residual heat in the turbo can burn oil in the centersection (coking). One of my old T3 60/63’s actually did have one of the oil ports clogged with carbon and junk around the exhaust side and made it smoke like cheech and chong but it wasnt from my car.

i say just oil feed … from what i see day in and day out of the MOST ABUSED turbos ever … we dont have failures … thats running them 20 hours a day with nothing but stop and go traffic … the last time i seen a failure was 3 years ago on a 80mm t-6 flange garrett that broke the turbine wheel clean off … and that turbo had 400k + on it

Turbos that run long hours last MUCH longer than turbos that are heat cycled and stop on a regular basis, much like “Taxi” or “Rig” miles vs. daily drivers that move 10 miles a day.

This is the advantage of oil-less. They are watercooled and don’t heat soak, they don’t have lubrication lag on start-up, and they don’t coke from heat or draining issues to name a few.

Thats because the majority of turbo uses have oil cooled, cheaper journal bearing turbos. You asked the wrong question. I think you want to know how many people who run water cooled turbos dont run water lines.