water cooled turbo?

Im not sure if this is the right spot to post this but im wondering if you need the coolant ports on a water cooled turbo? Or can you just block them off and just use the typical oil cooled. My turbo is off a Saab and is bother water and oil cooled.

nice integra

haha thanks

I wouldnt recc just blocking them off…If it has coolant passages it prob needs them to keep below the temp threshold the unit needs to operate.

Most all OEM turbos have both oil and water outlets. I suggest just running the extra lines and do it right the first time.

thanks for the help

rather than risk frying the turbo i would run coolant lines

it doesnt “need” them but its best to use them for the longetivity of the turbo. run the heater lines through the turbo or find where the heater lines connect and drill/tap and install barbs there for coolant lines through the turbo.

or just visit shreks thread for a visual of coolant lines on a b series.

Brian

when i got my turbo kit from hahn racecraft they told me it didnt matter LOL, hes like i dont run the coolant in my vr4, but then again my engine bay is way more cramped

im gonna do it like reliant said, tapping a t isnt very hard

def run those coolant lines need to keep ur turbo cool as possible …oil def so the turbine doesnt seize…then poof no boost

You dont need them but they help keep the turbo cool, and oil from frying in the tiny ass oils passages of the turbo. Id use them for reliabilitys sake.

thanks for all the help

fuckem you don’t need em. longetivity is like tens of thousands of miles. if you are like anyone here youll have a different motor or bigger turbo by next spring anyways.

running it on your car should be easy, you can use the coolant lines for the throttle body. at least this is what layzie did on his setup, and it worked fine.

and why is this in the wrong area? shouldnt this be gen auto? or tech questions?

you really dont need to run coolant lines, but it is a good idea to prevent hot oil from coking up in the centersection. I have never ran them on any of my setups and ive never had a problem.