Turbo Civic Emissions Question

Sure they are pricey but it does what you want it to. The point is…it doesn’t appear that you are going to be able to turbo your car properly due to cost and emissions so just move on to another option.

Turbo the shit out of the car and find a cheap daily. or just do a swap. it would be just as cost effective for the swap as trying to keep the car at 5K miles and save your sanity

i could turbo my car for under a grand and swaps are like double that…i’ll boost it at like 8-10 psi and pick up some extra d16’s for parts or just a spare engine if anything goes wrong (my friend has like 4 laying around)

i looked at my odometer today and i’ve only put on like 400 miles since april so i might keep it under 5000 anyways

plus that greddy kit…i heard bad things about that blue box thing

Go right ahead and turbo for under a grand if you can then. As for the blue box, I agree that it isn’t the best thing, or even close to it…but it saves you from buying engine management and tuning…BOTH of with are a MUST for turbo’d cars.

true

:rofl:

if its obd2 and “unable to connect” with under 5000, your on your way. If its over 5000 you get the sniffer. I have an obd 1 ecu in an obd2 car.

Not always true

Technically it WILL pass if the obd2 system is “unable to communicate”, regardless of mileage. On the VIRS it will say it needs to be fixed before next year, i have not tested that out yet.

If it’s obd2, you do not get the tailpipe test under any circumstance unless your vehicle GVW is between 8800-9199 lbs.

5000 miles a year an under is the only way to gain exemption regardless of year, unless your GVW is 9200+ lbs. which i am willing to bet it is not.

If i were you, just save your money and the rock the car the way it is now. Buy a new daily and THEN turbo your car.

wow…im allmost speachless…#1 a real tuner would not do truly crappy shady stuff like you say sire…a true tuner will ask advise and try to do the best,cleanist installs that he or she can do…with in a budget…that budget may span severl months to several years sire…but saving for the rite parts is paramount!..rushing to slam a shoddy mod off will get ya un deep shit…might get ya stuck on some desolet road or your platform on fire…and as to 10psi for under a grand…“CRINGE”…pistons…head studs…con rods…bearings…blueprinting the project…and to top it off…the turbo…the turbo for a civic can be had cheep…“Saab 9000” t3’s allday…but ya have to get em balanced…then comes the custom intake and exhaust manifolds…its a bigger monster than you think…im not getting down on ya…dont get me wrong…and im no expert…just want ya to think…plan…save…then mod correctly…so you can enjoy the ride for a long time to come…good luck.

the knights of the round table salute you sire.

:rofl:

I’m no Honda guy, but as with anything, you should do it right. I have to agree with these guys. I have seen some kids do some dumbass things to their cars, and they run like shit and don’t last. Do it right and you will have a nice, long lasting, and best of all, quick car. Do it half assed and see what happens…

i was going to turbo my stock ls block, but decided that i never want to tear the engine apart again. so for an extra thousand bucks i have that piece of mind and the ability to make much more power in the future should i choose to do so. spend money now so you don’t have to spend it later when you don’t have 2k to spend on a new motor

i believe the edelbrock and greddy kits are both smog legal