Turbo Elbo Bolts

Hey guys, any idea on the thread pattern and lengths for the 1/2" bolts that connect the turbo elbo to the stock T28?

My bolts have gone missing and they’ve basically popped off during shannonville. The only thing that held my exhaust on together was the two bottom nuts…

I bought some Grade 8 bolts from Princess auto. They’re SAE but somehow it doesn’t screw in so nicely.

However, I tried a regular 12 MM Nissan bolt and it doesn’t screw in nicely either.

Any information is much appreciated.

whatyou can do i go to the home depot and in the hardware section you can match up the right bolt length and pitch, then either buy those bolts or get some arp’s.

personally hd has grade 8 stuff just buy it and use it, i did and so far 1 year later no sheared bolts.

its would also be a good idea to run a tap through the turbo to clean the threads.

radek.

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is not finding a place to buy the right bolts but rather finding the thread pattern.

I don’t have a single bolt left from the original T28. They all popped off one by one (just discovered it now trying to find the exhaust leak).

The only thing that was holding my turbo elbo to the turbo was the two nuts on the bottom.

Can you verify with me if these bolts are SAE or Metric threads?

I put a new bolt I bought that was SAE, size 1/2 for the socket, and also a 12 mm Metric nissan bolt from elsewhere on the car.

Neigher of the bolts are able to go in easily.

Thanks for your help!!

Basically, what I am asking is

1. is the bolt metric or SAE
  2. what is the length?
  3. what is the thread pattern? (eg: 1.75 mm, etc. or is it Nissan or SAE)

Thanks a lot

metric of course… m8x1.25 I believe, you might find some m10x1.25 too, standard stuff for nissan, sometimes it gets tricky to find, just go to brafasco and order some

Hey guys, thanks for the reply.

I need to be sure as this bolt is the one that goes on the Garret turbo.

It was actually an SAE 1/2" bolt that I removed from it originally.

It is a 13mm metric but more likely 1/2" SAE.

Thread is also possibly SAE.

Can anyone here verify for sure the size? The 12mm standard nissan bolt will only go in a few turns.

John