Turbo HHR SS ...like/dislike?

1. Its a GM, so I can not hardly belive its what its all cracked up to be 2. Its ugly as piss. and 3. If Its really is as good as they say, I’m sure most would buy the cobalt. sounds like waste of money, and we’ll see how its stackes up against the caliber SRT-4

I like it :shrug:

I’d agree with the teenage girl car that dad buys for them.

I’ve never liked the HHR, But then again, its better than a minivan and a turbocharged minivan would be kinda acceptable.

I think it portrays the old school panel wagon very well in an updated platform. I’d rather have this then a srt-4 anything. The caliper/neon are at least 1.98375652 times more gay.

LNF shouldn’t have been placed in the HHR. Thankfully it will make it to the Cobalt.

dodge caliber, a caliper is a brake component. and there is no way those two cars are more gay than this ugly piece of shit.

We let down our guard a bit when John Heinricy, respected race driver and engineering executive for the GM Performance Division that builds the HHR SS, said the car turned an 8:43.52-minute lap at the Nürburgring. That eclipsed the class record of a 240-hp Opel Zafira OPC by more than 10 seconds.

agreed

i find the HHR to be hideous.

i <3 HHRs. flat black with pinstriping on smoothies sooooo BA

crappy on all levels IMO

Not worth spending Engineering money on

27mpg highway? that’s not what I was expecting from a FF 2 litre.
I mean, my vw gti which made 250hp would get 34mpg doing 70ish.

we need a BS flag

Volkswagen GTI 4 cyl, 1.8 L, Manual 6-spd, Premiumhttp://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/photos/2002_VW_GTI.jpg

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/emissions/sm02b.gif
20 city

28 hwy

[LEFT][Compare to Official EPA Window Sticker MPG](javascript:makeNewWindow(‘/feg/calculatorCompareSideBySidePopUp.jsp?column=1&id=17639’))[/LEFT]

Mine was a mk5.
FSI motor. and I had an apr reflash which helped with fuel mpg.
I traveled from buffalo to utica a ton last winter…and with 16" steelies and keeping my speeds around 70mph I’d avearge 32-34mpg HAND CALCULATED.
and there is a BS flag…and NO it’s not needed for mine. I have no need to lie about it.

i believe it, ive gotten as much as 36mpg in my 95 accord lx 5sp with overinflated tires and drafting 18 wheelers lol, they say that car only gets like 27mpg highway or so

MPG.gov> what anyone else will say, they take real world results, and mathematical models to come to a true solution

yeah wtf?

that entire blurb about the HHR is embarassing.

It BLOWS MY MIND the level of incompetence that exists in our automotive industry in North America.

There are sooo many people working white-collar positions in the big 3 that are NOT car people… i work with some of them now.

Imagine when a guy with an MBA works a Chrylser for 9 years, including significant stints as a marketing manager, PR manager and a brand manager for HEMI across canada… i sit down with him and find out he has never even heard of Jeremy Clarkson OR Top Gear or half of the cars on the show… and this guy is getting paid $80k+ to be in marketing for Chrysler…

That is like managing a team of baseball scouts and not even realising that they have baseball in Japan.

Another girl in my CMA peer group just got picked up for an executive-rotation program at Ford… she couldnt pick out a Ford in your typical parking lot…

what a joke.

then you end up with shit like this crap sent out about the HHR.

Some idiots at HQ think that everyone is as dumb as they are.

its probably a speed record for the vehicles class, obviously its the the overall speed record

http://www.2007caliber.com/images/default_r4_c3.jpg

vs.

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/2008_chevrolet_hhr_ss_image005.jpg

i’d take the dodge any day

but its just the lesser of 2 evils

was just going to post the same thing - maybe it beat that sprinter van around the track ?

edit: and holy fucking ugly :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you miss this?
“car turned an 8:43.52-minute lap at the Nürburgring. That eclipsed the class record of a 240-hp Opel Zafira OPC by more than 10 seconds.”