turbo kia

http://www.kia-forums.com/1g-2g-2001-2005-rio/32044-my-turbo-kit.html

not bad…i think it’s pretty cool for him trying something different…

Definitely a cool project, if I were him I’d leave the exterior completely stock, though.

cool, but :facepalm

it’s a Kia

Kia WRX?
http://www.kia-forums.com/avatars/2004riotuner.gif

they’ve said that about hondas for the past 30 years…

Yeah I know but did you read the thread? about how this guy is striving for 180whp and claims it will smoke everything that pulls up next to him? and look at the car…:ohnoes

+1 that’s true. And the car can’t be THAT light, I’d say around 2,500, give or take 100 pounds?

at least he is trying to be realistic with his whp. iirc he is only running 7lbs and on a small turbo…they dont really have anything to tune with yet…im sure he could probably get 250 whp out of that with the proper modifications and tuning software/hardware…you have to start somewhere…

be glad you are in the honda scene now and not like 20, even 10 years ago…

but the statement about him smoking everything, however…:rofl

There is nothing wrong with thinking your modified Kia is fast. It’s when you think it’s the fastest car around that you start to sound like an idiot.

Its amazing how far Honda performance has come in even the last 5 yrs or so. I remember when there were 1 or 2 rolling around with 2XXwhp and that was fuckin nuts!! Now 5XXwhp+ ones are all over.

A couple of buddies and I were just talking about this the other night.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Kia Optima STi

yep honda shit came a far way, i wouldnt bother with this kia shit there, like he said, 180whp, is all this worth it for 180whp ?

Everything is custom fabbed, no internals have been changed. It’s a GT25R turbo so that alone is about a 1000 bucks I would say total I’m around $3000. And I’m praying for 180 to the wheels… But we’ll see what happens…

Dan

:rofl :rofl

Yeah…but thats exactly where honda shit started. They sucked, everyone had a bolt on gsr swapped civic, and it ran 14’s. Was quick for the day, aftermarket saw the demand to want to go faster, and produced alot of quality shit for em…and a shit ton of junk too…but thats besides the point. If there is interest shown in a car, it will help the progress/evolution of that cars “scene”

OMFG… :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

“02 Rio Racer”
http://www.kia-forums.com/avatars/02-rio-racer.gif?dateline=1170357147

02 kia rio

2242 lbs
1.5 L making Horsepower @ rpm.96 @ 5800

Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm.98 @ 4500

here adam, this is for you

Why does everyone say add nitrous… Nitrous is for fools in Mustangs… I have full boost at 2200 RPM…

DAMN. Didn’t know they were that light.

:rofl

Thats because the turbo on his car is the size of the one im putting on my quad…what a clownshoe:retardclap

there mad light cars with extremely soft springs. We had this 300+ pound lady that worked at brookstone who drove a rio. That shit looked fuckin dumped! 12 inch wheels from the factory too. And yet Big Billy fuccillo sells them like Lloyd banks albums in Harlem. POS imo