Turbo Question

basically if u don’t want to run F.I. your going to need a special carb and they make a speciel box(just like the box for supercharged cars/trucks) thats fits over the carb. intercooler piping areu going with single or twin turbo if its single you’ll need somebody to make the headers and the flanges. It would be a big headache on a carburated engine Trust me I already looked into it. And you said you only want 350-400 hp it would be easier for u to put a cam a set of headers intake exhaust and if u still wanted a power put nitrous on it

Huh, never heard about the whole special carb and box idea, what is this for?

Since the motor I have is on it’s last legs anyway and I need a rebuild, maybe i’ll just rebuilt it and add a cam headers and intake like you said. I thought a junkyard turbo would be cool, but I don’t want to get into $$$ for a new carb or a lot of fabrication.

you need away to put the force air into the carb. that’s what the box is for it encloses the carb. that 's why i said it would be easier to add fuel injection first. for the work and the money you definately would be better off rebuiling your motor or swapping in a newer motor with fuel injection.

making my truck fuel injected is out of the question. I like fuel injection for my daily driver but not my toy. I am looking at rebuilt kits now. It looks like I can turn my 360 into a 428 for a little over $600. Then all I would need is a carb and headers to finish it. From what I have seen today, this would put my in the 400+hp range with 450ft.lbs. I :dunno: I am getting my 5% bonus next week, so i’ll see how much I can devote to it.