Sbc turbo help

So a friend of mine wants to build a sbc with a turbo. Im not to sure which turbo he should run or even the engine combo. This guy has the money so its not a joke. Any v8 turbo guys on here that can point me in the right direction. He is looking to make 1000rwhp. Maybe a 406ci with a pt106. Thanks in advance

my buddys dad has a 6-71 on a 355ci gen 1 small block (splayed 2 bolt block, afr heads, forged everything, titanium valves, etc) with fuel injection. makes close to the 1k mark plus they have a plate for a 300shot ontop of the blower for when he gets adventurous. that thing isnt very streetable though and is just a drag car.

joe with the black xtreme s10 has a procharger on a carbed 434 small block, that runs pretty well but not 1000hp.

if youre looking for that kind of power i suggest doing an aftermarket block. or just go to a big block. you can build a much more steetable one with alot of power. pickup a cheap 454 block, toss a rotating assembly in to stroke it to a 496, dished pistons, good set of heads and cam, then crank up the boost. hell, stock cranks in those will tolerate 700hp without a problem.

If he wants something street ableā€¦ LSX block, LS3 or aftermarket heads, twin 72mm/single 88mm turbo and he should be good to go. Expect a 10-20k cost for the motor/turbo/ECU combo.

he is not afraid of spending money. lets put it that way. for some reason he wants blow through and not efi. He has been around carbs his whole life so maybe thats his reason. there are too many people in niagara falls with blowers so he wants turbos. lol But im going to call a few places and see what they have to say. So far dart lil m block and afr 227 are on the list to buy. Everybody keeps telling me 88mm is the way to go but which 88mm?

Go with an LS based motor.