engine specs---> sbc 350

looking for engine specs
stock hp/torque
stock cam lift
bore etc

building a sbc, looking for best cam, not sure if its flat tappet or hyd…
i know the obvious is to build a 383, but curious to see what i can squeeze out of a stock 350

will be running a carb…

there is a million different 350 combinations

3 million actually

oh my

i know, its one of the most modified motor…

ok guess i should go this route…

looking for irratic idle, want to run 2200-2500 stall, looking for alot of power from 2200-5800…600-800cfm, aluminum intake etc etc

cheapest way or best way? what are you starting with?

most Important issue is your budget.!!!

freshly rebuilt sbc 350 out of an 80’s camaro

money is not a concern, this thing can take the next 2yrs to build if i want…

looking for streetable, but large amount of power…
probably run a th400, and a corvette irs…or some form…all the specs after the motor will be dealt with when i get there…

i was 1st thinking of ripping the rotary out of the 7, but than, i got to thinking, that doesnt show enough character, so im looking for something one of a kind…found a few things that caught my eye, but i havent made a decision yet…

i was thinking along the lines of the olds 403,i had…
edelbrock performer rpm series cams and lifters -> thunder series?
highrise aluminum intake, holley 4barrel
bored .30 over, etc etc

rebuild will be done by me, i can have the motor apart in under 2hrs, milling and what not will be done when i get there…

well there are lotsa combos…I run world product heads ,weiand teamG manifold, and a B/G speed demon carb.What kinda numbers are you looking for? I am assuming hp numbers arent as important to you as torque is ,commin from the 403 which is lotsa tourqe,low hp.

well, i want good numbers, id be happy with 400, 450…shit, if i could hit 600 for under 3000 id be happy…

but, what if i just went this route

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/977745865.html

cadi 472?
or a buick 455?

theres a guy selling some 350, with .030 over rotating assemble and some cam shaft, looks to just need head

options are endless, and i can pick up a motor for under 500 on friday…
im stuck…

you’re not going to hit a streetable 600hp for under 3,000 unless you already have a bunch of parts for it, or you are willing to buy used parts

im looking to hit around 650hp with my 400 block, and so far my budget is $6500

buy my 383 shortblock. 2500 bucks, all forged 1600 miles on it, just about brand new, still see crosshatching on the bores. needs cam heads oil pan etc etc to run but i have a good cam/oil pan for it i can throw in for abit more $$$$ Solid 400whp car, mid 11’s at teh strip. mid 10’s on 150 shot