turbo swap in a4?

anyone have any experince swapping a turbo in the 1.8t engine, just wondering what im up against when swapping it in the a4

What size turbo?

I have “some experience”

what, did you finally give up on the zx? lol

haenzel put a big turbo on his 1.8t NB. he melted a piston, and now it’s back to stock lol.

or four lol

what turbo? a K04 would be the easiest for some moderate gains without doing anything too crazy.

What are you trying to do exactly?

Swap a stock K03 back in, get crazy with it, or K04?

I have experience with it, so let me know what you are trying to do.

corey i have done it, hit me up

I’ve been looking at it, and it doesnt look to bad at all, doesnt seem to cramped, I think it could be done with minimal mechanical skill. K03 sport is where its at.

Corey, I’ve participated in the swap as well. It’s not bad at all. Nowhere near an convenient as a DSM turbo swap is, but still pretty easy.

all these guys are experience in swaps… and I still haven’t seen a fast A4 in WNY…

WTF???

Someone fill me in.

^^^thats a kick in the b4llz

Jack, wait til Spring…

hahaha

wait till spring huh?

I’ve waited since they came out… now Spring of 06 there is finally going to be a fast A4? We’ll see… if so, great… but ya knnow what? Summer 05 had a fast Hyundai… so the shock factor is not going to be there.

A4’s had a high initial cost which meant that people who wanted to make fast cars didn’t buy them. now they are getting into the hands of people who want to amke fast cars. i’m not gonna say anymore.

I’ve got the real rarity. A slow AWD DSM.

lol… I know the feeling… 15.2 w/ 2 turbos… and AWD… and V6 w/ mods

i was most suprised to hear about this tiburon, but he really knows what hes doing with cars, it takes a lot of time and effort to build a fast car out of a slow car. goodluck, dont half-ass it and imbarass urself tho

LMAO

Comparing a Hyundai and an A4, not really making sense here :slight_smile:

Waited since A4s came out? There’s a handful of fast A4s, nothing around here though. No one around here knows how to make an A4 fast around here :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s cause the 1.8T is a pos :slight_smile:

i keeeeed