Turbo talk.

Even tho it seems like the better option is turbo, I really wanna have a supercharger on my car lol. I love the noise they make.

back when the G8 GT first came out, there was a company on ls1tech that took a bone stock g8 and put a aps tt kit on it. It made over 550rwhp through a auto I believe. Stock everything minus fuel upgrades and exhaust.

Twins… Yes please!

mine are journal bearing basic turbos. nothing special or billet about em. a guy on svtperformance did a back to back comparison between the turbos that come with the hellion twin kit and the precision billet wheel 6262’s and there wasnt ANY difference in spool, power, or torque. on these larger motors it doesnt seem to be worth all the extra options. i would have thought that there would have been a big difference tbh, so did he. but when i get going on the single setup, i will be going with a precision billet 76. the bb otion is 850 dollars…yeahhhh right. ill spend that money elsewhere

What are your hp goals and how many cubes is the motor going to be?

mine are 61mm tubonetics t4 based turbos btw

when are you picking up your car? we have a photo shoot to get to!

dont worry, u’ll be the last to know

Thanks for all the info everyone. Turboing the gen 2 hemi is very new so its all kinda trial and error type of game going on now. Ive been talking to a team of guys who know whats up so well see where it goes.

Turboing that platform, sure, but honestly 99 percent of everything from turboing a similar CI pushrod v8 of any make are going to apply.

like eatonyoualive said on a big ass motor like your planning to build just about any turbo will work for you, I’d go with the biggest fucker I can find, dont worry about billet kits and shit imo.

a precision billet wheel 76 will make over 1000whp deathbyrt, and with your motor it will spool super fast. that sounds like a good overall option for you

:pondermeanwhile 8 posts down you just said that a guy tested a billet and non billet turbo on a high displacement motor and saw no difference whatsoever in spool time… lol

“mine are journal bearing basic turbos. nothing special or billet about em. a guy on svtperformance did a back to back comparison between the turbos that come with the hellion twin kit and the precision billet wheel 6262’s and there wasnt ANY difference in spool, power, or torque. on these larger motors it doesnt seem to be worth all the extra options. i would have thought that there would have been a big difference tbh, so did he. but when i get going on the single setup, i will be going with a precision billet 76. the bb otion is 850 dollars…yeahhhh right. ill spend that money elsewhere”

Hmmm… I keep telling myself I’m going to keep the warranty on this thing but hearing shit like that makes me change my mind…

i realize what i posted, and i didnt tell him to go with the bb option. just telling him that that one turbo in perticular is one nasty fucker. with all the given options he has, it is a good one. it doesnt have ALL of the bells and whistles you can get and it isnt the smallest or largest turbo, but it will do well in his application.

where do I buy this full kit for the g8?

gotta find a used kit. APS doesnt make kits anymore.

and used kits go for bank.

wow… what a tease. asshole lol

unless you find a performance shop that just so happens to still have one in stock.

try LMR. Your best bet.

What LMR? lol