What turbo u running?

Ok so id like to know what t25,t28 or hybrids that will bolt onto stock exhaust manifold u people are running.

Plz list mods and boost pressure

Im trying to determine what turbo to buy for my ca18det.

Looking for quick spool and 350rwhp - 400rwhp pending on pricing difference

Buy a GT2871

I hope you are not looking for those numbers to the WHEEL…

Crank Hp number may be able to hit that with a T28… but a T25? That is not realistic

And what kind of power are you looking for, peakier? or smooth?

I’d recommend a smaller ball bearing turbo, like the one mentioned above.

I personally am running a SlowBoy Racing GT-12, it’s a ball bearing hybrid turbo.

Currently run a s15 BB t28.

hks turbo

GT

GT2871R .64 AR is what im looking at any other ideas?

my 280zx had a T3… quick spool and lots of power even at 6psi.

a T3 or T3/T4 hybrid would be nice. i dont know if it would bolt up to the CA manifold tho.

It wouldn’t bolt up.

T25/T28 is the same flange which is what the CA has.

Go with the GT2871.

To make 400rwhp you’re looking at a ton of work. Thought it’s definately possible.

GT2540R .64 on the stock manifold externally gated with a 10 pound spring.

HKS T3 ball bearing Bottom mount turbo :smiley: 420whp max efficiency.

HKS GT-RS A/R 0.86 (GT2871R with 0.86A/R)

soon to be runnin .64 ar sr turbine on the ca :frowning:

currently: stock ceramic shit
future: either twin GT28RS ooooooooor some single big thing

… T25-30, 1/2 the price of the HKS with more power.

uses a T25-( T28 non or BB avaiable ) with a 300Z super 60 Hi-po ( Nissans custom housing and compressor AR for fast flow ) Thier isn’t a turbo out there that can touch it for under 2x the cost. if your on a CA18 then a t25 turbine side would be the way to go…

Another option is a striaght T03 with a GTP trim 1/3 the cost of a HKS with only minor mods to the header flange and DP flange, make more power, at a lower RPM with a lighter rotating assembly.

BB is only 8% faster once the wet bering from a normal T series is broken in. However wet bering can be rebuilt with a $80kit, BB is a throw away core. Just a few things to be aware of… I can get both easily so it’s not a bias on my part… just a design chioce.

I’ve been busy as hell, but I haven’t forgot our convo. and I’m going to get back to you as soon as I have the info.

Sorry for the delay.

hmmm. so in the long run if i ever need a rebuild it would be smarter to use non BB

Lets be honest here. You buy a brand new turbo which is good for 100,000km at LEAST well maintained.

there is no reason the turbo will need a rebuild and the amount of people on this board that will have the same turbo setup for 100,000km is probobly 1 of every 300. We go through cars and motors like its our job.

I wouldn’t worry about thinking about rebuilding a turbo when you’re buying one brand new, just take care of it. If it gets hot let it cool down, always change your oil, you know the basic stuff.

clearly you were wrong :idea:

http://www.sequence-garage.com/images/s14/S14turboswap%20(2).jpg

coolant in coolant out oil in

^^^ Is that coolant in and coolant out I see posted in the above pic?

Currently Running: Nothing…

1st Canada Post looses my cams now my turbo, Come on…

Hey guys, i just got a new pair of cams, and i will be picking up a turbo soon.