Turbocharger questions

like i said, i was hoping for about 250-260…i already have a full exhaust, suspension, and sticky shoes
heres what i figure I could do:

TRD S/C + lightened crank pulley + smaller s/c pulley + BPV
that comes with a reflash so computer isn’t req
and hope for idk, about 200-205 to the wheels?
we’re under $4k all in at this point (and that’s installed)…

add what, another grand if i want to get a piggy back + tuning time to eek out another maybe 10-15hp
add another couple hundred for a header…and we can call it a day at around 230whp
maybe i could get up to 240-250 with snow performance for another $300.
i think the dream ends there.

or

t/c + tranny cooler + fuel + computer (not installed)
should be about the same $$ as the everything combined above assuming i install myself and just pay for tuning.

from what i understand from those building auto tc’s…i shouldn’t have to worry about tranny issues under 275whp…and above that anyway (over 300) i need to be thinking about internals…so neither of those 2 things are going to be happening for this project at this time.

downsides i see to the s/c…i don’t get to get my hands as dirty, the base map reflash on the auto is completely retarded.which basically makes a piggy back a necessity. basically max out my whp potential with this project. pros: gets it done quickly, its street legal (until a header swap anyway)

downsides to t/c…more maintenance, a little more $$, supporting mods, not legal and discipline req’d. but i’d spool up quicker, have the ability to customize a setup, have a little bit more whp potential and learn something in the process.

btw, i really appreciate all of the comments

turbo parts will start to add up…especially to build a reliable one

love the avatar daddie anyway do your homework talk to people that have already been through it and have made all the mistakes their plunders save you big $$$ by taking time to reasearch

the reason i said its not the best idea to go turbo on an automatic is becuase for one, your gonna end up spending lots of extra money to make the auto handle the extra power. secondly, an automatic wont make the same amount of power as a manual with the same turbo setup, at least thats been dyno proven in the focus world. i have actually looked into FI for a Tc for a friend of mine, and i can tell you the TRD supercharger isnt worth shit. its way overpriced for only a 40hp gain.

dezod’s kit, beef the living crap outta the auto tranny, and i guess enjoy.

if u have a 4k budget, def go with dezod’s kit