Turning MP3s into Ringtones

So I have a few MP3 clips that I would like to make into ringtones.

Normally not a problem, but I have a Verizon phone which means connectivity to a computer is almost non existant. Is there a website that I can upload the MP3s to and then download them to my phone?

Is there a different alternative?

www.euploader.com

this is where i still have to say Cingular FTW though :stuck_out_tongue:

what phone?

Audiovox CDM-8940

what does cingular have to do with anything?

I think he’s just pointing out the less restrictive nature of Cingular compared to Verizon.

BTW I tried the website posted above but I don’t have web access on my phone. Well I do, but I don’t want to pay 5 bucks a month for something I am going to use only a couple times. But I don’t know that I have much choice.

have you tried the email trick?

??? no ???

nevermind, try this

that looks better

I have verizon and use this https://www.vzwpix.com/login.do to upload, there is a 3mb cap on uploaded media as well as I think 60 seconds per audio file and you can only send them in these formats

Audio: .AMR, .QCP, .WAV, .MIDI

Video: .3GP, .3G2

Edit: There are mp3 to wav converters and then you can use the built in windows wav application to chop it down

I sent my 24 ringer using a website that let me email an mp3 to my phone but i need to get my favorites off my other computer. Ill try to post it later.

audacity is a GREAT program for this :tup: you can change the sample rate and trim songs, convert them to mp3 ogg wav ect

truth.jpg

ahh ok, lol i got confused.

sounds better than the program I have, I should check this out. Thanks

free too :slight_smile: n/p

man motorola phone tools is so much easier, i just connect and drop a mp3 on my phone, assign it, and its a ringer.

lol

what version do you have?

the one that I was using wasnt very user friendly… it worked almost like an FTP program (you had to include directorys and shit when uploading)