turning up the boost on a stock sr?

how much boost can a stock SR20 handle safely?. is all i would need is a boost controller and then turn it up? or is there anything else needed at all? :oops:

You just need to buy the boost controller in the market place, tap into the vac line between the turbo and wastegate, and crank her up. Do not do this without a Boost gauge.

Lots , Just unplug the wastegate line completely and your good to go…

umm… yeah… do that… ur car will be realllllly fast!! zoom zoom until u find urself running 18psi with no where near enough fuel and kapowwy! haha

There’s actually a solenoid with one line that goes to the wastegate and one line that goes to the intake… I believe you can just rip out the line on the intake side and cap everything off… The boost will go up to 11 - 12 psi…

If you want to be really sure, go to the greddy website and look up the profec B spec ii installation instructions. Then look at how you’re suppose to hook up the boost controller. Follow the diagram, but don’t actually hook up a boost controller, just cap off the solenoid shown by the instructions.

I got the solenoid info from zilvia.net in the sr20det faq. Then i experienced it first hand when we couldn’t figure out why our friends ca18det wouldn’t boost below 11 psi after a profec b install…

Before you turn up the boost to much, make sure you have a decent intercooler (not a SMIC) and at least an exhaust. Turn it up gradually and eventualy if every thing is good you can run 14 psi. However do not daily drive this as it greatly reduces the life of the shitty t25.

Actualy if you just unplug the solenoid it will boost to 10 and hold it.

just remember not to put your foot completely to the floor … hahaha

oh Austin and the 2bar club :stuck_out_tongue:

if your wondering how to do it preperly, get intake, exhuast and front mount intercooler. then put on a boost controller and you are safe for 13psi. a boost controller will also give you a smoother power band as the stock T25 peaks at mid RPM’s and then falls off a little as the RPM’s rise towards redline. A boost controller will help flatten it out, bringing up the low areas and bringing down the spikes.
the most highly recomended boost controlers would be the greddy profec-B and the apexi AVCR. the apexi unit is more expensive but has more features and a self learning mode, I highly recomend this one if you can find one cheap!

With these parts, you are also ready to upgrade your turbo and fuel system to push the 300HP barrier

injectors ? pump ? AFC ? headgasket … nothing is safe unless ts done properly or at least if you have the basics covers

you don’t need to do all that to ocassionally push 13psi. if you are going to upgrade your turbo you do, or if you want to push 13psi all day every day maybe. and sure, it’s better to be safe then sorry, but you should be fine with the basics for at least awhile. he wants to upgrade everything, but needs to wait for more cash i think! so the intercooler, intake, exhuast, boost controller would be a great start.

i thought my sil80 was stock engine/ecu wise, but it boosts at 12psi to 13psi, doesn’t have a boost controller (other than that weird green stock one).

pulls harder and harder till redline, wawaweewah! izza nice, i like!

so anyway whats the deal? any way to find out if the ecu eprom has been reflashed/tuned?

Thats like the old worn out T25 on my CA. Nothing done to it but I’m constantly running 10-11 psi. My guess is the wastgate is seized shut or something.

if the wastegate was seized shut i’d be boosting a heck of a lot more than 12psi!!