TV Issues

My Television has been turning on and off on its own the past two days. It is just outside the 2 year warranty. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Obviously a connection? I don’t know anything about TVs… but any idea will be better than a hammer through the front of it.

Probably the relay that controls the main power. Either that or somebody has an extra remote and they’re messing with you.

you are sitting on the remote for 100 Alex, Just take it to a TV repair center and get it looked at. Most places charge like 30 bucks for an estimate.

Did you get your new place “Blessed”? Did you remeber to perform an exercisim before moving in? Those spirits will do all kinds of crazy shit.

There are a ton of ol’ school tv repair shops around, id call around and just ask questions, or call the manufaturer and ask for Tech Support, they may know right away what it is…

thanks guys! It seems to stop once the thing is on for about an hour or so… its not turning off anymore… :confused:

Brand of set?..arcing noise?..visible green lines before or after start up shut down?..is there audio without picture or complete shutdown?

RCA… It will no longer turn on. There is an ‘electrical interference’ sound coming from it.

:frowning: help.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat03001&type=category&categoryRep=cat03000

We bought an RCA 32" when in Hawaii. It would just randomly shut off and turn itself back on. If you would move it around it would stay on or stay off. In 97 it just finally blew up. Turn it on, just an electrical noise, but no picture. I went to the kitchen for a beer looked at the tv because I heard sound, saw a bright white line forming in the middle of the tV and then shooting out towards the sides. I sat down on the couch to watch it and as soon as my ass hit the cushion it just blew up. Bought a new 35" the next day.

had the same problem with a rca !! will never buy another one , had it fixed 3 times!!

welp… any suggestions as to what to be looking for now? was a 27 inch or something like that…

looks like its time for a new tv.

This 13 inch from 1992 just isn’t cutting it!

for a resonable tv i will look at walmart…i got a sanyo from there way back in 92 when in nc…the thing still as good as the day i bought it

Thats where my TV came from…