tv people in here...i have questions

alright, i have a samsung hlt5076s dlp tv. and it seems to be going through bulbs abnormally fast now. the first bulb lasted about 3 years, no big deal, got dimmer over time till it stopped working, like they do. now i replace that bulb about a year ago, and late in the summer that bulb went, never really dimmed though. got another new bulb which exploded within a couple hours, returned it as defective and got a new bulb which seemed to be working fine but now a couple months later that bulb went out. i haven’t been replacing them with the oem phillips bulb but i still think even the cheapy bulbs should last more then a couple months. i’m starting to think its something else, everyone have any suggestions? don’t want to go waste 100 bucks on a phillips bulb if something else is causing these bulbs to go. the fan is kicking on btw. wondering if i should just get a new tv and kick this one really hard.

Hit up love4boost.
Buy epic TV.
Use old TV for target practice.

if my tv is fucked its prob what ill do, just pisses me off if a 2k tv only last 4 years

Quality of the bulbs
Fingerprints on the bulbs
Cooling fan failure
Heat

Fingerprints on the bulbs cause hot spots, which cause failure
Cooling fan failure = heat which = failure

Shitty no name bulbs = Bad filament quality = shorter life

If it was a power issue, or something else of the sorts you’d see problems right off the batt

I’d buy the required phillips bulb, make sure you wear latex gloved when handling it and see if you still have an issue

i’ve used latex gloves, cooling fan comes on and the tv is in the same spot its always been, guess i’ll just buy the phillips bulb then, if it doesnt last a reasonable time frame i’m gonna throw the tv out my window

in for helping throw a 50" out a window!

can we set it on fire in your front yard where ever it lands?

Well then my friend it appears you take all the necessary precautions, id say do exactly as you are going to, get a legit bulb, see if your still having issues. “Cheaper” bulbs just have shitty filaments. If you still have an issue it could be something else, but as I said generaly if there is a power problem it either wont work at all or it will work very briefly.

stop fapping on the bulbs

Yes lawn fire will happen if this occurs.

I just wanted to know if there is anything else that would be causing this before I go spend more money on a bulb.

If it was anything more then that, chances are it wouldent be worth fixing anyways.

Pick one up on ebay/amazon… should be able to get em for under 300