First TV purchase

So I am buying a 1.5 year old Hiatchi 51F59A. I know NOTHING about TVs besides this one has HD. Anything I should look out for, or check out (besides it turning on and off) before I hand over the money?

check for cracks in the screen

<3

Oh my favorite wanna-be asian fighter, how i <3 you

how much time on the bulb, for starters.

All I know, is its a CRT, and is 1.5 years old. How much time would one expect with that?

Well ask how about how much time in a day he uses and do the math, Give or take you should be about 3-4years on a bulb with normal use, 2-3 on heavy.

Well im buying it from a bar, so im assuming it was under heavy use. I was told you never really need to worry about CRT bulbs…

Id be the person that told him not to worry about CRT bulbs.

It was my understanding and I might be wrong that CRT HDTV’s are CRT’s with higher resolution than CRT SDTV’s.

A standard CRT SDTV bulb will last 15-20 years. I figured the same for the HD version of such.

I am aware with LCD projection and tvs of that nature need bulbs replaced every few years.

why would you buy a used crt? tv prices have dropped a ton in the past few years. you can get a decent 42" flat panel for under $1000 now.

He was only looking to spend $400 and got that one for $350…

I would enjoy if it you would not answer for me. Stick to dating online fat chicks and getting STDs, ill stick to answering questions directed at me in my own thread.

The TV was at a bar and they didnt want to waste as much room with a CRT. Saw the add, picked it up, and my PS3 looks amazing on it :slight_smile:

asd/gnawk;vgasnv;wasnvo;snvk.sadnvas;hfas;fna;as;bfak;fna