TV use with Mobile intel(R) 965 chipset family?

I have been trying to hook my laptop up to my tv to watch some videos on it but my computer wont recognize another source. Ive looked around and cant figure out the problem. Can ANYONE help? I dont get why it wont work if there is an S-video connection available on my video card. Anyone?

if you go to your display settings, do you have a second adapter listed?

It gives me the option of connection another display but once the display is connected to the Comp, it doesnt recognize it. I used to do this all the time with my old HP and never had a problem but I cant figure out how to get it to work. I assume that it has something to do with the video card but I dont understand why the video card would have a s video port and me not able to use it.

I had a laptop that you had to hit FN + F5 and it would show the list of option for viewing. Does yours have that available?

on my laptop the only way the “s” will turn on is if i hit fn/alt+f5

EDIT: ahh look at that

haha When I hit FN F5 it puts my comp to sleep. F4 has a pic of a box with another box inside it. When I hit it a little window pops up in the bottom left of my screen and shows a cartoon pic of a screen with an arrow pointing at another cartoon screen. Im not near a TV right now but I will give that a shot when I can.

yea you need to toggle the display output… which on your laptop sounds like it is F4.