TW: Used 2001 LS1 Block

Upon selling some of my LS1 stuff, i discovered my pistons were only 3.902". This means this block can be cleaned up again and used as most LS1 shelf pistons come in at 3.905, and some at 3.907". (The sleeves are thin, and when i thought it was 3.905" i figured the block was used up).

Anyways, at the moment i am using the block for mock-up, but if anyone is interested, i’d probably let it go for $500. New LS1 blocks are over $1100-1200 i think.

The block has only ~32k on it

comes with main caps obviously, and i believe i have some ARP bolts for it. im not sure if they are the right ones though, ill have to check the size

direct swap to my malibu?

yes

fuuuuuuuccckkkkk

not gonna lie, I need this. I was not looking forward to using teh ole LT1… lets see what i can dig up

LS1s are much cooler than LT1s

I’ve got lots of LS1 parts of my own and around the shop to go with it too if you are building something.

we have a clean LS1 crank that belongs to Firehawk853. he is probably willing to sell it for $$$

ill def keep that in mind :snky:

there is also a clean crank from the firehawk laying around. looks like new.

also have 7 mahle forged pistons that are in great shape, and you can probably buy a single from mahle to have a complete set.

-turbo

thread hijack. i have a ls1 block with very large piston clearence due to a hole in block. will sell cheap. $499

LOL I know someone who can try to weld that shit 3 times :whip:

responded to pm’s. thanks guys. i guess i need to find the box with the my main caps now :lol:

took some pictures of the block, and i found the main caps :slight_smile:

-the block has been sitting for a few years so obviously it looks a little poopy. a .003" hone job and hot tank will clean 'er right up :slight_smile:
-there is a member who is ready to turn money over for his project, but if that falls through, keep 'em comin.
-the block has also been deburred as well
-i left some of the pics big to show detail
-there is some very light surface rust that is in no way eating into the sleeves. it will brush right off

:tup: for a clean block!

Can’t say so much for mine, might as well be a coffee table.

Hey yours is only a set of darton sleeves and 1 dayaway from 427 cu.in

uuuuugh, I would love to put one of these in my ol malibu wagon

mike just do it!, you want a conquest to put it in lol?

:gay2:

Teh LS1 would have to go into a GM :wink:

Still trying to scrape together teh cash