Twin Turbo BMW 1 Series CONFIRMED for US market

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmarket-segment/hatchbacks/bmw-source-confirms-gti-killing-135i-for-us-market/

i wonder what the pricing will be like

suppoesed to be above a mini cooper S and below the base 3 series, so high 20’s low 30

BMW… the next Honda?

i always thought 1 series were gross

twin turbo in that thing, oh boy that should be some fun

OMG thats hot, RWD i presume? i am so test driving one when they come out. if we ever get the volvo c30 its going to be a toss for me on which to get when i gradiate

wow… not bad :tup: I’d hope the price would be closer to the mid-low 20K range

cool car and I believe it drives as great, however, I was wondering if we prefer this tiny babe over the upcoming big muscles (camaro, charger). seriously, we americans don’t like such small cars especially that the price is no low either. I would go with a camaro or a charger if I want to show off, but not a small car like this.

“I would go with a camaro or a charger if I want to show off, but not a small car like this.”

This is a true compact sports car and is not about showing off, it’s about performance and handling that is appreciated and leveraged by a REAL driver.

Yes, I believe you SHOULD buy a Camaro or Charger, add a FlowMaster exhaust and race from stop light to stop light…

lawl. that car looks fucking rad!

jeez… you get 340rwhp out of a 335i with just chips and exhuast…

cut 500lbs out of that and you’re talking about killing a shit-ton more than a GTI… that will be up in modified STI / EVO land.

wow. now that is something that i actually like

i would def. put some serious consideration into something like that

ughhh, the day that is available is the day i will purchase one.:slight_smile: Its like my dream car. I get my honda hatch rolled into rwd and in luxo package with nice euro lines. Not to mention its TT.:smiley:

ohhhhhh.

WANT.

too bad they’re ugly

oh well, maybe it’ll grow on me

Sounds like fun

X…

yeah i had the same thought

The Twin Turbo 204hp diesel sounds delicious!

BMW 1-series Coupe
BMW is extending the 1 Series line-up in the UK with a new model consisting of a brace of high performance twin-turbocharged engines and a diesel capable of a frugal 58.9mpg. The new BMW 1 Series Coupé goes on sale in the UK in November and will be available in 120d, 123d and135i guises. The 135i marks the first time a twin-turbo petrol engine has powered a 1 Series, while the launch of the 123d heralds the introduction of the world’s most powerful production four-cylinder diesel engine.
The flagship of the range is the BMW 135i with its 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged petrol powerplant. Offering 306hp from its light alloy and magnesium straight-six engine, the 135i is capable of accelerating from zero to 62mph in 5.3 seconds before going on to an electronically-limited top speed of 155mph. Peak torque of 400Nm from just 1,300rpm through to 5,000rpm ensures smooth yet rapid progress and in-gear flexibility.
Courtesy of High Precision Direct Injection for the most efficient burn of fuel mix and Bi-VANOS variable valve technology combined with lightweight engineering principles, the BMW 135i is capable of frugal motoring while maintaining its top end performance. The 2,979cc engine posts a 30.7mpg figure on the combined cycle and a CO2 emissions figure of 220g/km. BMW’s EfficientDynamics programme seeks to boost engine performance while at the same time cut fuel consumption and emissions. Second generation High Precision Direct Injection and Brake Energy Regeneration are both elements of EfficientDynamics deployed on the 135i Coupé.
Frugal yet sporting
The BMW 135i is joined in the range by another twin-turbocharged model to offer a unique blend of performance and economical motoring. The 204hp four-cylinder engine in the BMW 123d Coupé sets a benchmark for small diesels. Its 1,995cc powerplant is the world’s first all aluminium diesel to have an output per litre figure in excess of 100hp - something only BMW M cars usually attain. It is also the first four-cylinder production diesel to come with twin-turbo technology. Peak torque is 400Nm from 2,000rpm, while the engine revs to in excess of 4,400rpm where peak power is attained. This performance equates to a zero to 62mph time of 7.0 seconds and a top speed of 148mph - previously unheard of figures in such small capacity production diesels. By comparison the output of the four-cylinder BMW 123d betters that of established six-cylinder diesel engines from both Audi and Mercedes.

Dynamic capability
Like every BMW before it, except xDrive models, the new BMW 1 Series Coupé has 50:50 weight distribution and a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive configuration for the best in driving dynamics. To offer the most compliant yet sporting ride and the best in directional stability, the 1 Series Coupé has a double-joint spring strut front axle arrangement with a five-link rear suspension. Such an arrangement allows engineers greater scope in fine tuning the ride characteristics of the car.

Model//Power-Hp/Torque-Nm/Zero-62 mph-Seconds/Top SpeedMph/Combined-Mpg/
BMW 120d Coupé 177 350 7.6 141 58.9
BMW 123d Coupé 204 400 7.0 148 54.3
BMW 135i Coupé 306 400 5.3 155* 30.7

http://jalopnik.com/cars/the-one/uk-specs-of-bmw-1+series-coup-arrive-early-273078.php

the ultimate driving machine meats the ultimate hot hatch? I SO WANT ONE. Like… when they are 2 years old, come with a certified 100k warranty and cost 12-15k hehehe

1 series 5 door is HOT AS FUCK

I will have 1!