Twin Village Recycling?

I have over a ton of assorted scrap metal to dispose of.

Does anybody know how these guys accept it?

Do I have to sort it? Strip all non metal parts off myself? Do they accept electronics? Thanks.

Yeah they will accept it I usually make atleast one trip there a week.
If you want any decent ammount of money you have to sort it yourself and strip all the non metal parts off. Not really sure about electronics though. I wouldnt think so though.
That types of metal do you have?

I have an old bmw e30 head, and exhaust manifolds from the same car

worth a decent buck?

Mostly cast iron and steel. About 50lbs of aluminum.

What is iron and steel worth?

Should I just make 2 piles? One that accepts magnets and one that doesn’t?

Iron is at about $.10/lb alunimum is at $.68/lb copper is at $2.70/lb and brass is at $1.70/lb.
These prices are as recent as monday cause that was when I was there last.
You have to separate the types of metals cause they go to different parts of the yard.

Cool thanks. I thought aluminum was more like 1$/lb.

Iron and ferrous metals you have to pull onto the scale and get your whole vehicle weighed than you go and dump it and get weighed again than you go inside and get your slip.
For the more valuable metals/non ferrous metals you have to separate them out and take them to the smaller scale which is inside the building to the left of the large vehicle scale.
Hope that helps.

Yeah definatly helped. Thanks. Can the scale accomodate a full size chevy with a 16ft trailer? Whats to stop people from loading washers/dryers/etc with rocks to get more weight?

Whats to stop them is the people checking the shit over retard.

LOL ily

The Iron scale can accomodate full size Semi trucks so I would say yes.
And people check your stuff or they watch you when you unload it.

Thanks man :tup:

i dont know if they do it with scrap, but if you scrap a car they photocopy both sides of your license ect.

Ive scraped a few trucks