scrap metal

I always see people driving around collecting what ever but how much is it worth because I have some stuff laying around that I don’t need? also where can I take it

like $ 0.04/lb for plain old scrap

depends on what u have and how much of it
u can go to gateway recycling on union rd
theres a bunch of places but i cant think of them right now

You have no idea what youre talking about.It was about $260 a ton last i checked

wow umm screw that,its gonna cost more to take the metal there…maybe ill just keep saving up and saving up

I know a few people doing this. One couple is getting $0.12 / #, I do not know what the others are getting.

$0.12 / # = $240 / ton.

Depends on what kind of metal it is. Aluminum and copper are very high right now. last week I got $0.67 lb for aluminum. copper is still a high $3 i think.

hmm i have an old alternator laying around… would i ned to seperate the copper from the rest of the metal befor ei bring it there?

if you want a high rate for it, yes. If not theyll probably give you a buck or so a lb

Anyone know what old car batteries are going for? And if you have an old car radiator (copper) do you have to strip it apart or will they take it whole? There is also an old fridge in our garage that needs to go. I’m trying to figure if this stuff is worth taking in, or if I should just give it away.