top dollar scrap yard

i need to get rid 0f 9 chrome alloy wheels and 5 steel wheels. there not resellable/. the most i got a estimate for was .56 a lbs for the chrome and 135 a ton for the steel

Steel is worthless. At one of my old jobs we used to save all kinds of transmission parts in a shed for scrapping. One day I had to load up my boss’s 1 ton dump truck so he could scrap the shit. He got something like $37 for a full load that was making the truck sag.

scrap has exploded. Scrap copper was being traded at like 2.21/lb!! Im real interested who pays the most too…

we got more alloy then steel. this money goes straight for the work lunch fund so trying to get every cent possible

anybody know of a good scrap yard? I got some pure aluminum that I want to get rid of …

That’s because the price of copper has gone through the fucking roof. Nothing else has jumped like that.

so thats why they are trying to get rid of the penny :lol:

is the price of copper enough to start scrapping pennies yet?

The recycling place on union will take just about anything, pricing would be the same most likely.

give it 5 years

are pennies even made of copper still?

Not completely. In 1982 they switched to a copper/zinc mixture.

even still, with current copper rates, one penny has about 1.2 cents of copper in it.

sorry joe, this doesn’t help your cause. try selling your pennies to the mint though. hehe

A pre 1983 penny is worth more than 2 cents right now.

http://www.wealthdaily.net/article.php?id=214&pub=wd

I get more than $5.00/lb for carbide right now!!!

If nickels were made of nickel I think they would be worth a buck right now(12.88/lb).:biglaugh: