Twitter as an advertising channel?

Someone in marketing is getting a promotion. Interesting revenue generator for sure.

http://wap.crn.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217800984

Since the Dell Outlet began tweeting out deals, the company’s Twitter stream is directly responsible for $2 million in sales, according to a blog posted on the Dell community. An additional $1 million in sales has come from customers who use the @DellOutlet handle as an entry point into Dell’s Web site before ultimately purchasing from the company

and, lol:

Just because Twitter doesn’t know how to make money doesn’t mean that companies aren’t learning how to make money off Twitter.

hell yea. exactly why i am on twit twit

there are a lot of companies advertising

I follow several, and other companies are always trying to follow me

yea def theres a TON… i hate when "real estate blahc blah " wants to follow u ! im like HAI GUY NO THX PLZ

Radars for Rent is on there. Anytime I see someone tweet about radar detectors, or about how they got a speeding ticket, I’m pimping the company to them :wink: twitter.com/RadarsForRent

I really think you need to start paying to be on here … I have seen 3 posts about your company today

read this … the you can advertize
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161

Twitter is big for domainers.

Orrrr you can simply contact Josh / Bing about it instead of listening to Justa4Door.

:wink:

I contacted nyspeed staff almost 3 years ago now saying I would be a paid advertiser once banners were working. I was told it should be a month or so. Still hasn’t happened.

I posted in this thread because it’s relevant to the conversation, companies that use twitter. It’s not an ad, it’s a statement that I use it for business stuff, and how I’ve been using it.

And I posted in the thread where everyone is debating the best radar detector, because I offer a service that can help with that. I’ve never started a thread about my service, nor do I spam anyone about it, nor do I post about it everywhere, nor do I have info about it in my sig, nor do I PM anyone about it or contact members via their contact info about it.

I’ve talked more about my graphic design business here than I have about Radars for Rent.

Cassie is fine. Once our new Ad stuff is in place, if she’s interested in becoming an advertiser we’ll talk then :tup:

Silver, I hope that you don’t feel the need to defend yourself… Justa4door was talking out of his ass, which was the only reference I was making.

Damn you and your ever-presence beating me to it.

Much appreciated guys.

Actually, back on topic, I got the idea from the client of a friend of mine, Retail Packaging. They would look out for people twittering something about buying custom packaging or boxes or the like, and then respond with custom quotes. We joked about how it’s a pretty much a guaranteed sale if you can provide a service like that. It got me looking more into Twitter’s custom searches and rss feeds you can create. Now I have an rss feed that updates me whenever someone says something like they got a speeding ticket. It’s customized and pinpointed advertising.

I’m starting to dislike Twitter due to the advertising. :confused: