Two fresh Subaru builds ran tens first time out Friday night.

Wow very cool!

He built the car pretty fast from the first post on iwsti last november, did he have some help?

Bill you’re quite welcome. I’m glad I got to see your car run. :slight_smile:

Poopra: He had a shop build the cage and then we did a bunch of work, but he did most of the interior work, all of the exterior work, put the suspension and brakes in as well as the driveline after we built and assembled the longblock. Then we made the engine harness from scratch and continued with the engine related parts. He spent weeks in his garage on the chassis and even painted the car himself. His son helped him with some of that, but he did most of it.

I just went over the log from my pass in Brian’s car and it looks like I butchered any chance of seeing what the car should actually trap. I knew I shifted early because I had no way to know what RPM I was at (stock tach can’t keep up with engine) and I didn’t want to over-rev a customer car. This setup needs to be revved to 8000 RPM to get peak power based on the dyno graph. I shifted at 7200 into 2nd and 3rd gears, 7100 into 4th and 6900 into 5th. Because I shifted out of 4th that early, I got into 5th at 4900 RPM before the turbo spools. On the 4 to 5 shift alone I would have been down 150 whp based on the dyno graph. There’s always next time…I just wish I got a second pass that night instead of next season. :slight_smile:

A shift light is going in if a digital dash doesn’t. Not knowing what RPM you’re at on a car that goes through 5 gears this quickly makes accurate shifting just about impossible without a lot of seat time.

Thanks guys!!

Thanks to Mike, Justin, Matt and the rest of the gang at Innovative (yes you too Kevin) for the great job building the motor, tuning, wiring and electrical and finishing up all the custom fab work on my car.

When I started the build my intent was to do as much as possible myself. I bought a mig welder and soon found out I suck at welding so off to the cage shop then came the fabing of exhaust, fuel system, all wiring and electronics. I did some research online about wiring a car and realized I should leave it to the experts as I really have only ever wired an amp and stereo in a car before this.

I think I made the right choices LOL

:tup:
Badass builds.

Yeah great build, and getting it all together in less than a year is quite an accomplishment. Especially since you started with a bare shell.