Two PCI Video cards?

I have a AGP and a PCI card but only one will work at a time. The other card shows up as a PCI device in XP and doesnt even try to install anything.

Is there a way to run two PCI video cards?

Depends entirely on the card you are using, in most cases it should work. But again it’s up to the drivers are written. You also might want to try swapping the option to initialize the AGP or PCI slot for video first in the BIOS to see if that works.

I have a geforce4 4000 mx pci card (that actually was a geforce 4 according to my boot screen) that im using as my primary and then another agp geforce card that i want to use as the secondary.

I am gonna try to grab a pci card from ILC and see if its just the agp/pci conflict

Possibly, some cards just don’t like running secondary. And yes I know it’s a GeForce4, but it’s a low-end Geforce 4. :wink:

That said passive cooling is a wonderful thing. Rather odd though usually I’ve had good luck doing that on anything with an Nvidia based chipset.

Thats why im kinda confused. I think it might just be the agp/pci conflict. Ideally two nvidia cards is perfect since they can share drivers. Whatever. Im going to get the one from ILC now and see if that does it.

Ok ILC didnt have one, it was all AGP. Anyone have a older PCI video card?

you cant run 2 pci videocards unless theyre designed for that, VOODOO cards can do such a thing, also Nvidia’s with SLi technology and ATI cards with crossfire.

Na I am not trying to share processing power. Just want two independent displays.

I got it working. I am using a 64MB AGP card and a 128MB PCI card. The trick was to get my bios to initialize the AGP slot first