UAW on strike, version 2023

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/10/news/companies/uaw_chrysler_deal/index.htm

that didn’t last long…

heh

“This agreement was made possible because UAW workers made it clear to Chrysler that we needed an agreement that rewards the contributions they have made to the success of this company,”

Chrysler estimates it pays $75.86 an hour in total hourly labor costs. That’s not only significantly more than the $46 an hour average at the U.S. plants of Asian automakers, but it’s also higher than GM and Ford have been paying.

oh the irony

they didn’t guarantee the UAW that production would stay state side.

they (chrysler) won that negotiation.

The union leadership said it won union job guarantees in the GM deal in the form of promises to build future GM vehicles at U.S. plants. Chrysler is believed to have been far more reluctant to give the union those guarantees than GM had been.

On other words, “We’ll give you what ever you want to get you back to work right now, because in a year or so we’ll have moved all your jobs overseas you greedy fucks”.

tada

i love saying that. i wish being a magician wasnt so ghey

“This agreement was made possible because UAW workers made it clear to Chrysler that we needed an agreement that rewards the contributions they have made to the success of this company,”

:lol: Uhh, what is this “success” that you speak of? :poke:

What a fucked up industry.

^^^ I figured that was there way of saying, " we’ll help you get rid of your huge debt, by all taking pay cuts".

Bump, UAW on strike with all 3 automakers.

They probably do need to be paid more given the environment we’re in right now (inflation) but their opening offer was Trump-style:

A lot more cars are going to be made in Mexico soon.

That is an insane ask. However, only need a 46% raise so they can afford a new car every few years.
I wonder what the real request is.

Ask: France
Get: massive layoffs. 5% pay bump. free gender reassignments.

Am I the only one that thinks their pay already is high enough. It’s literally unskilled labor. Do this repetitive task all day that requires 1 brain cell. They already have computers that are watching and counting every single fastener they put on the car. Say they do get a raise, cost just gonna be pushed to the consumer. I know shocking.

1 Like

If UPS drivers are making 100k now you know UAW thinks they deserve more than that…

No.

My Brother in-law works at the engine plant and I am amazed by the amount of work he misses.
but then again, I’m a moron. I have used 4 sick* days in 15 years.

*we don’t call it that and I don’t use them because nobody else does my job for me. It only fucks me over missing work.

What do you mean “work he misses”?

Buffalo Stamping Plant still moving along.

For now.

I have never seen a UAW member get fired, and I have seen some insane shit. I don’t miss the engine plant one bit but it did get my career off to a great start.

You don’t even want to know and I’m afraid to share anything in writing lol

Not surprised, you’re afraid to drive your car. This isn’t any different :kissing_heart:

1 Like

My dad was an electrician there forever.
He worked 60-80 weeks.

My BIL is always “forced”.
Then you just call off whenever.

And thanks to NY FMLA he is also free to take more time if he drives his wife to the doctor.

It is a nice perk, but she refuses to drive and thats dumb. So FYI for yooz guys. FMLA is more than ManTernity leave.

1 Like