UB CAR CLUB

Yeah, thats me.

It’s gonna be hard for the club to keep “knowledgable” car guys in the club, because of the small stuff they have to do. The problem with just a bunch of guys who have nice cars is, we like to “mess around” and I doubt the SA would enjoy a club like that. I think the club has to have some sort of “open door” policy so people can join with or without cars. I’ll go to 25% of the meetings to stay in as long as I get a free track day or 2 out of it. don’t know if that will happen or not anyways though. Like I said, I dont mind people who are willing to learn, but I know alot of guys aren’t that patient with people.

I dunno, I’ll keep tabs on it, but I’m not into that fucking Neons and fucking LEDs all over the cars and all that “FLASH” bullshit. I tried not to laugh.

Free/discounted roadcoursing and I’ll join.

GT4 roll racing for life biatch. I want a rematch. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol Fuzzy,
By looking at your avatar, did you win teh “Mary Kay” Subaru?

I went to the meeting, you know, the guy who drives the stock saab?

Yeah, I was so disapointed with the club, that meeting was a complete waste of time. I think they really have the wrong people running it to start, they didn’t know anything about cars or running a club for that matter. they asked for opinions and then just nodded their heads at what anyone said.
I’m not going to return unless it really turns around.

Sounds like everyone agrees that the new UB car club is a disaster waiting (or about?) to happen.

No sadly you can’t get a pink WRX Wagon in GT4. So I had to find a picture of a real one.

damn… i really wanted to be in that club. WHY DID I MOVE!!!

Oh my goodness I’ll be on south for half the day next semester. We are going to hang out and be BF4L.

Or something.

$.02 added,

man I am going to regret this…

Why don’t you guys join an SAE club then??? You don’t have to be an engineer to be involved. You learn tons.

yea im in SAE already, iv learned a decent amount already

been a member for 4 years…

wtf is SAE?

Society of Automotive Engineers. UB has Formula, Mini Baja, and Clean Snowmobile

Society of Automotive Engineers (student chapter)

Basics-

Mini-baja:

-All tube frame
-Suspension main focus
-10 hp Briggs
-Think off road, jumps, rock crawling

Formula SAE:

-600CC bike engine(or other)
-All tube frame
-Think miniature F1 car, oversized go-kart

Clean Snowmobile:

-Stockish sled
-Very custom engines, tuned for emissions and sound
-This year using diesel

Wow. That’s awesome!

my brother was on that team.

at the competition you pretty much just get job offer after job offer…

i need to get off my ass and go formula sae

sounds like a nice thing to join… im interested in formula sae. someone pm me on how to get involved lol