Ugh pharmaceutical sales

Ummm… so what are you saying in this post?

I sell pharmaceuticals, and there is a lot of validity to the job that I do. The doctors are soooo damn busy now, especially with all the managed care bullshit they have to go through, they hardly have time to see patients, let alone read journals about every drug on the market.

I think she gave you a straight answer, I don’t think that answer was that dumb.

I come in and let the doctor know of my product, why it works, how it works, and what types of patients it should be considered for, as well as all the safety concerns around it. I feel good about promoting products that can help people live a better quality of life.

And the FDA regulates the shit out of the products coming to market. They have to be studied extensively, with years of studies and data to back up what the company claims the drug to do. There is also extensive postmarketing surveillance that looks for other Adverse Effects that couldn’t be compiled in a the time it takes for the initial studies to be done. If anything is out of the ordinary, it is pulled until further tests can be done.

Even though the big Vioxx thing and the heart problems related to the drug, soo many people swear by it and wish it was on the market because it worked so well for those patients.