Ultimate low speed maneuvering

And you thought it’s the bikes fault that it was unstable at slow speeds

youtu.be/9twUAi1Q4o0

Rather impressive.

Moar

youtu.be/jHAHsxyvd_0&

:rofl

I was so confused in the first video. I know there’s an obvious color system to those cones for when/where/how many times to turn, but FML if it didn’t look like he was just making shit up as he went round n round :lol

Oh yeah, dude was low and slow.

Pay attention to his head position and where he is looking. The one critical skill that no one talks about, often neglected but is commonly share by all fast drivers/riders are visual skills.

If you can’t (or won’t) “see” faster than whatever you are driving/riding, you can’t really be going that fast at all.

Correct. Eyes up, your body motion will follow suit and you’ll ride/drive smoother.

thats a pretty nice cbr haha… that is crazy looking watching him do that.

exit 12 roundabouts are good for low speed turns like that, not quite as tight but good practice for sure! If you go right coming off 87N there are a few less busy ones past rt 9.

When it comes to low speed maneuvering, I suck on my R6. I wasn’t horrible on the old GS550 (never took MSF but was “ok” with the figure 8’s). For shits and giggles I tried some figure 8’s on my R6 and almost dumped it multiple times… lol. Def. gotta get some more practice in with the low speed crap.

Yeah its definitely a skill

As Aaron (rocketpunch) said always look where you go to, no matter what the speed. One of the main things they teach you in MSF

There was a huge debate on the other forums on whether he’s counter steering or not.

Speeds tell me he should be countering in many places, yet his wheel is turned into the turn most of the time, not away.

Dude in first vid is nasty

Great post.

You can often tell when people aren’t watching where they are going by their herky jerky driving movements. AKA 90% of all drivers out there.

LOL, me too; I suck at the figure 8. You should have seen John (the guy who runs the MSF school) on his goldwing doing it; he can do it all day.

The funny thing is this is an ‘actual’ gymkhana, you know- as opposed to the ‘Ken Block’, Americanized version of it.

Def cool to watch though- tons of balance, skill, and yes, like RocketPunch said, looking so far ahead it’s confusing.

just like riding mx they tell you to look where you wanna go not at the front tire. where you look your body will follow!

Snowboarding/most air tricks are the same way, almost.

See where your head will hit the ground!!

:lol