undermining the site

I dont want to piss in anyones cereal, I know its winter but WTF.

So far, people hate modark cool, that should not give them warrent to shit up his thread in gen auto.

The classifieds, People were getting banned for saying glws, but yet people can shit up boosting4mes forsale add for 2 pages and shit isnt happening.

I honestly dont feel like digging thru the other threads that have been shit up lately, and I stopped bothering with the report post button long ago.

I’m not even staff and I guess this is a friendly reminder to everyone that this is an automotive forum, not facebook.

Good luck with this

We don’t dig for shit either and can’t be in all threads at all times. If you see something that needs attention, use the Report button.

EDIT: I can’t remember you once using the report button Karter :gotme:

i agree, even though it is amusing sometimes.

there has to be rules.

Who the fuck cares?

:lol:

I would have gotten about 43 infractions for that thread if i posted any of those posts

GLWRANT

I agree with you that things are not being looked at too closely. I personally have not been giving moderation my time, but do use the report post button and we will respond. It hits our emails, our phones and the back end. We CAN NOT miss it if you use the tools.

I am going to be working with Josh to bring on a couple of fresh eyes in the moderator role, most likely as junior mods like we did last time for a while. This forces them to only be able to clean up the board. If they are good at it then full mod status.

We are trying really hard to shift the board more to the automotive side, but it takes time. We will never do away with any of the social aspects of this board as that is what makes it a community. There is a really good plan in place for this board and once we can get over some hurdles it will become quickly visible and I really think that the members will love what we are trying to do. Focusing our advertisers has been an initial priority and we have been chastised for it, but with our future plans, running this board will be a very expensive monthly bill that we have to front. Now that we have finished on that initiative we are focusing on the next which has to do directly with our content, layout, and features. Things that will very directly benefit the community and really increase the user experience.

All I ask is that you give us some time and please use the tools that we have provided currently IE report post, PM’s, LPP messenger. Fuck if something is really bothering you and you want immediate action (UNLESS IT INVOLVES YOU BEING A JACKASS AND WHINING TO ME TO ME ABOUT IT acchhmm mordak) call my cell or send me a text or an email as I get those immediately. I get the report post notification immediately as well, but I really want you to see that we are committed to focusing this board as an automotive community with a common interest that can also have a little bit of fun in the other sections.

Michael Gleeson
716-548-0610
mgleeson@gmail.com

Who’s getting a prank phone call later???

I kid, I kid.

I feel like I’m partially responsible for this thread being created. Sorry. I just have a really boring life, as of late. :slight_smile:

I can speak for the BMW thread…

I straight up asked about the body of the car. It was said in the OP it had new paint, only to find out in a later post by JAM that it’s 1/4’s were all mudded up and cracking through. I addressed it in the thread, end of story. My interest in the car was lost after finding out that stuff. Nothing wrong there…

Represent cars honeslty and truthfully, or expect to be called out on it…

Thanks Mike, You always spend the time to anwser stuff as needed. I’ll throw my hat in the ring if you need a hand, I’m not picking up many hours this winter, I’ve got spare time.

Josh, Your doing good things with this place, but I have used it a few times.

You’re probably the only mod i like :pedo: :tup:
and bing, cuz hes a cool canadian dude and spells words with “ou”

Atleast someone is committed to making this site good…

F that, i’m trying to fuk it up just to prove a point man.

we’re having a mod meeting to discuss more ways to irritate LZ.

My suggestion is “Ginger Joke of the Day”

I agree, there are many aspects of this site that have drastically improved but at the same time, many things that are not so much overlooked but neglected. People have to remember, this is a “community” so we have to take care of the site as such. As fellow members of this community you should be able to tell when a violation has occured, and report at as such. Our mods and admins do not get paid for this and also are a little stretched at the moment it seems, let things take course as I’m sure they will at it will be alright.

After speaking with Josh and other mods about issues I had I feel confident they will handle issues accordingly.

Every winter this happens. Every winter people get infractions. Every reported posts get’s looked at and reviewed. It goes straight to my e-mail which goes straight to my phone. I’ll check a reported post almost where ever I am. I helps a lot as I’m just as it’s also the end of the school year and I’m busy as hell also.

Karter I know you used to use it for a little bit but not very often as you make it sound. I looked every time and did what the rules required/situation demanded. MOST of the time you were dead on with whatever you were saying in those reported posts.

I try to be fair and just with every member with any infraction I do give. They’re always called for. I also have zero tolerance for repeat offenders.

Just Karter

Some how I doubt those are all quality automotive releated posts.

Off topic, and other non automotive related sections do not add to your post count.

Yeah I use to post shitty, Mike sent me to basic training, I’m better now.

They are all classifieds tho haha
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/itrader.php?u=3998

Yea pretty much 97% of my posts are classifieds, somehow i have an activity award lol