Unsecured internet FTL

Singh’s facebook status just gave me an awesome idea.

Okay, so there are about 4-5 routers I can pick up from my house that are unsecured. Come to think of it, I think myself and one other person has a password protected router, and the rest are unsecured. So anyway, I decided to dick around with some of them seeing as how they are unlocked.

For starters, I just changed my neighbor’s “default” router to “(my street name) public wifi” :rofl People really need to set up passwords for these things, I would be pissed if someone got in and started dicking around with my wireless setup. :lol I also changed my neighbor’s computer name, so every time he goes on the network, his computer is visible as “chode machine” :rofl

Discuss

I try and tell my dad to make his secured but he thinks its fine, Ash Grove Place in Albany, most naggers cant use puters or swim, so he should be ok I guess… I on the other hand have 128bit encrypted, and I am surrounded by mostly old people.

exactly dude, i cant believe people roll with fucking unsecured wifi

IDIOTS STILL USE THE SAME DEFAULT ROUTER PASSWORDS LLOLL

if you have wifi

SECURE IT

if you dont like passwords, use mac address control

the prob when i did all that shit the other night, the fucking idiots unplugged there router so i never got a chance to set it all back to normal like they had it beofre, now they are fucked, that night i configured it so no pc’s on ethernet or wifi could connect unless they had my mac address of my laptop and i changed router and wifi passwords to some stupid shit u wouldnt guess and idk why they didnt let me fuckin fix it LOL i put the new ssid for the wifi to “will give back in 1 hr” yet they didnt care and unplugged it… asses

Yeah my password is: admin :retardclap

LOL :facepalm

but really yea, i have some shit somewhere its almost an automated cracker for WEP protected wifi networks but at least one device somewhere needs to be using the wifi to sniff the packet info

My nearest neighbor is like 300-400 yards away. Only way to steal from me is to park in the street (which has no shoulder) or in my drive way.

Yet, I am still secured lol.

my shit is password protected. i need to set up my mac adress filters though, just incase.

lol all they gotta do is hold the reset button in for 10 sec. BAM Factory.

I used to do this shit all the time. Mine is set up for MAC filtering. WEP is unsafe nowadays. If i can crack it, ANYONE can crack it lol.

Pretty sure it’s still a misdemeanor for tinkering with a neighbors wireless router even if it still has the default password on it. I wouldn’t brag about it.

I’ve never messed with anyone, but I have sort of an embarassing story where I was glad for unsecured wifi.

Decided to take a drive, and thought it might be fun taking roads I had never been down/didn’t know where they lead. Well, I ended up getting all turned around in a development, after about 25 minutes of being lost going in circles… I parked it, got out my laptop and Google map’d my way out of it. :lol

I had free interwebz at my old appartment for 2 years thanks to my neighbor

yea wep is junk i doubt anyone uses it :slight_smile:

my friend over there toldme there wifi name still is the one i set it to, and it goes off and on randomly, so guess they are plugging it in and unplugging it , and dont know about the reset switch yet LOL

The internet at my old apartment came from the Dunkin Donuts the next block over, they offer it free anyway so I didn’t feel bad stealing it.

The story I posted was fabricated for entertainment purposes only. It never actually happened.