UPDATES - PLEASE READ

You all can thank Mr. Onyx for the slight outage this morning, while it may have seemed inconvenient it was a very positive thing. We have indexed a vast majority of the board with the new 3 char search limit. Go ahead, search for 240, e96, wrx, etc… It is mostly all together.

We have also recently updated the iTrader software and you will notice that it works. The biggest question is “where are my old stats?” I have not abandoned the idea of getting those back. It is not an easy task, but it is in the work queue to be attempted.

Our event registration page which has been buggy since being brought here from it’s old home at the onyxsyndicate is getting migrated yet again this weekend to a new domain that will be accessible from all of the forums without having to jump through any hoops. This will allow us to move forward with Bings Niagara Meet, and the rest of the season.

Hope all is well with everyone, feel free to use this thread to post up suggestions and feedback directly to me, the programmer. (FYI all replies in this section go into a moderation queue so it will be a few minutes before your post displays, sorry)

Mike

Great news on the 3 character search. I didn’t realize how much I’d miss that until it broke.

bring back :picard:

I’m probabaly the most hurt by the old feedback, as I had soooooooo many, now I look like ive sold one thing, ever haha.

SON guys, including myself, had several years of history with upwards of 60 - 90 positive transaction ratings.

If you had that much transaction history chances are people know you’re a trustworthy seller. It’s not like this is 200 million user ebay where no one knows each other.

definitely need :picard: back lol

I searched for “ass” and only got 93 threads. I figured it would be every thread ever made on here.
How about karma? :smiley:

No Karma, ever, lol.

And Search isn’t working exactly right… still got a bit of work to do on it. You’ll note 3 character searches work for threads but not thread titles. We may need to mess with a few things overnight again.

oh please god no… unless we can post a message so people don’t think its a tech-outage

when i get a DB error at home or in the office it feels like the on-set of a heart attack

lol, it wasn’t supposed to take down the forums. It works in the background usually, but something failed last night and caused the sites to shut down. If it works right no one will even know it’s happening.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

PS - I installed interactive Google map tags too. For example, [ map ] Buffalo, NY [ / map ] (take out the spaces) give you this:

[map]Buffalo, NY[/map]

bump

Search works 100% correctly now! OMG! :tup:

Glad we don’t have to do that gain, lol.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Great job guys.

With only minor complications, josh nailed down the search. We have also been making other subtle backend changes. I am going to work on decreasing load times and resolving the double post issue. After that, what we do is up to what you guys ask for. We do have some really cool stuff in the pipeline but it is stuff like this last major upgrade in the sense that it will take some time to complete.

Someone find and post :picard: and I will load it up.

MAKE MORE SUGGESTIONS of what you want to see this site do that others may do or that you think would be cool.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x23/pirite716/Picard2.gif
BRING BACK :picard: !!!

:picard:

how about the word at the end of a line appearing again as the first word in the next line?

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

and buffalospeed!!!

I’d also like to mention that a couple weeks ago we upgraded all forums to brand new VB Suite 4.0 licenses.

Things are moving along nicely.