Upgrading from a t25 to a t28 S15 BB SR20DET

What is required for the install?
Other then injectors a new mafs, and head gasket. Do i need new oil lines for the turbo? Any help would be shweet. Thanks.

I don’t get it, why would you need a tuned ECU or piggyback/standalone management to make a turbo work? It’s a good upgrade to go alongside, but it’s hardly needed.

If you’re going to get new injectors and mafs, then a fuel management system and fuel pump are needed to bring them to their full potential.

I can tell you the flange is the same, but oil lines I am not sure of.

i highly suggest a mew larger mafs and injectors.

based on stock fuel map the car wont take well to the bigger turbo on anything but a mild boost increase

if your aiming for 13 to 15 psi you are required to get a new mafs and some injectors… or neither will keep up to the turbo.

personal experiennce tells me this based on an hks gt 2530 and 14 psi setp up with a s13 redtop

GT

i was under the impression that you do need new lines to run the S14 / S15 turbos… TAKA has the conversion kit.

even in for sale posts on zilvia or elsewhere most people when selling these turbos will include the lines required to run it.

i think the question mark is asking is not what is required but what is ideal (Z32 MAFS, injectors etc.)

obviously there is a differnece between what needs to be in place to actually run the turbo and what is needed to make most effective use of the turbo.

also, i believe the hot pipe needs to be modified slightly as well is that not correct?

yes you need the intake pipe (little 90* pipe on the end of the turbo) the coolent lines and the oil lines to make the turbo bolt up, the ones off the t25 dont line up on the t28’s

the hotpipe needs to be tweaked just a bit but its not a big difference at all you can do it with a rubber mallet and a silicone coupler

ok schweetness fellas. Yea if I do upgrade the turbo I will most definately purchase 550cc injectors and a z32 mafs. A fuel management kit would make it a little pricey but if i need it then I guess ill do it.

Thread was cleaned up a bit…by me…I’m outta here

Without some kind of fuel management or retuned ecu how do you plan on running the new mafs and injectors??

u may wanna talk to quincy, i believe he did this swap on his s14 blacktop. if i remember correctly, heavy throttle tuned his ecu for him, he is running z32 maf and tomie 550cc injectors and walbro fuel pump (not certain if its a walbro, but i know he upgraded it). i would imagine the lines would need to be replaced, but i can’t confirm that. go shoot quincy a pm, and he should have the answers for you. oh btw, his set up is really nice and his motor pulled right pass the redline (when it was working)

:wink:

edit - if u are gonna modify your fuel system, i’d recomend a fuel surge tank, i think quincy pooched his motor from fuel starvation (learn from others mistakes, no offense Q!!!). just a suggestion though.

buy megasquirt and go map