Upgrading from the E55

You sure it wasnt my old one? I’m sure you fell in love with my tail lights haha.

CTS-V checks all the boxes of that group. I agree with Walker’s idea of the S4 as well.

wildcard: V10 S6

Coming from a e55 amg this is exactly how I feel. Everywhere I looked there just wasn’t something to replace it for me to be honest.

Only thing i could think of, but couldn’t afford at the time, is a C63 amg which I’ve been looking at lately. It’s in your price range and hits what you want. Just my thoughts. Otherwise I’d say the S4 as the dsg is awesome

The sound that v8 makes ugh so awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 6

Eh while the CTS-V is a heavy 4 door you can get 600rwhp out of it with bolt ons and they move out great.

I am in the same decision making situation. I have it down to S4 and CTS-V. After driving both the CTS-V was more fun and the tq was incredible. S4 “feels” better connected and I enjoyed that. Being as I have a reasonably quick Nova for when I need power I am leaning toward a CPO S4 or maybe just buying a new one.

If you haven’t driven one yet I would take a look. I loved the interior and feel of the car for a DD.

The CTS-V isn’t bad with snow tires I can only assume the S4 with AWD and snows would be a much better DD.

Also the newer S4s don’t have that classic audi reliability

@LZ1 that said if I was shopping for something I would drive out of warranty I would favor the CTS-V heavily. Probably because I know the drivetrain somewhat.

Wow, you just won’t let that one go. I’d like to run them again now that I know I had my boost controller set lower than I should’ve…punk.

I discounted the s4 only because the previous gen had such shitty reviews. May be worth a look as Saxons is gorgeous.

PM me your number I’ll hit you up next time I go out with Shifty. His E55 is comparable to where mine was when we raced. I’d be curious to see the outcome myself. Ill be grabbing a quick car again eventually, I give you a shot at bragging rights again.

Hahah

I’ve driven both and the new ones is 100% better in every way. If you drive a stock one the power is a bit meh compared to things like an E55, but it doesn’t take much to wake it up. the interior is fantastic. the torque vectoring option really makes it feel a lot lighter than it is when turning.

while i agree that the power isnt there compared to its rivals, this would def be my 1 car of choice in a 4 season environment.

http://www.cqrbps.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Audi-S4-Avant-StanceWorks-1024x576.jpg

I have never driven the V in the snow but there are a couple guys with sets of snows that do it in my garage. I don’t think I would feel comfortable having that as my only option as a DD.

why?

I have 2 other cars to drive in a blizzard. I just want something to take out 95% of the time. The e55 on blizzaks is more than fine in snow.

It has gotten plenty squirrelly in rain. I know more appropriate tires would help but Detroit roads are barely ever clean. Plus rather than spending $3k on a set of rims/tires, I now have a good excuse for a Jeep.

3k a year sounds about right for maintenance on a jeep :stuck_out_tongue: