School me on the G8 variants

I’m considering the Pontiac G8 as a daily but it seems only the GXP has a manual? Any info on the different models would be awesome.

Any other v8 manuals with 4 doors I should consider?

Thanks

GXP is the only one with a manual

cts-v

This, but what’s the cost difference between a CTS-V and a G8?

Or go E60 M5, or even an E39 M5.

I couldn’t find a low mileage ctsv for reasonable $$$ when I bought my 09 g8 gt. That was the other car that I was specifically looking for though because of the manual. GXP’s are very rare (1829) and likewise expensive. There are times where I wish I had a manual but as my DD I have been very happy with the way the auto performs. These cars are huge inside, ride great, handle great, and can make silly power for cheap.

LS3 in the GXP as well if I am not mistaken
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14106

CTS-V have taken a pretty steady fall. 6 speeds are farily rare only about 17% ordered with them so they pull a little more money.

what he said. lol

I have an auto now and it is at best, unsatisfying. Perhaps time to check out m5s.

@MPD47 had one of the best sounding E39s:

https://vimeo.com/1495487

have you the trans tuned yet? completely night and day.

• Updated - - -

josh, e39 m5’s are sooooo dated looking aside form the sex sounds coming from the exhaust. only problem with the m’5s is parts are obnoxiously priced and gains are minimum. After tuning and working on the ctsv and owning the g8 its hard to go back for anything less then the feel of driving a bmw. which is a pretty good feel, not gunna lie. lol

I’m sure it can be improved with a tune no doubt but I miss rowing gears. My left calf is almost as small as my right now…

haha, I here ya. soon ill be finding myself another bmw to mod so I can get back to rowing gears when im in the mood.

a couple guys have done the M6 conversion in the g8 gt. I love the M5…but a friend paid twice what I paid for my g8 for his 09 M5, I don’t think I could justify that difference in price but that’s my opinion.

Yeah man, a conversion isn’t in cards. Cool idea though.

The LS6 CTS-Vs can be had for fairly cheap

CTS -Vs can be found for around 15 with average miles closer to 20 for low miles. Most bang for the buck but a typical GM interior in the 04-07s

I had the same search and opted for the E55 AMG…its automatic…which I didn’t think I would like, but I actually love it. When I want to feel the gears, the AMG paddle shift does the trick and the car is unbelievable from a performance stand point.

I am only considering moving from it to get an e60 M5 but I don’t think its worth the extra 10k at this time.

I also looked in to moving up to the E63 AMG but it doesn’t seem like much of an upgrade.

Sucks that so many vehicles are being produced without an option for stick.

• Updated - - -

Blows my mind the G8 and Chargers are auto only. Fuck, even the SRT8 charger is auto.

2015 Chevy SS will be offered with 5 speed manual…but that’s almost 3 times the price of a used G8.

I recently seen a gxp go for 27k and ive found 09 cts-v’s for about 35k…whats your budget?

5 speed or 6 speed? 5 would just be weird today.

6 speed and magnetic shocks

I might have a low mile 2010 with 6mt and recaros for sale soon