US F1 team headed by Peter Windsor?

To debut in '10?

If this is true, I’m all for it.

sweet,how can I join?

First step: Move to Charlotte.

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, IMO. My wife and I are considering that area once the kids are in school (10+ years)

go to www.usf1.com for the logo

I’m all for it… I just hope it stands a chance…

I hope they pick solid drivers… instead of some dickhead to get media attention… ALSO i hope this gets a race back in the states

I’d bet they will do ok. Problem is that F1 isn’t a big deal in USA since the rednecks started NASCAR

bring F1 back to the glen? What?

I wish

that would be awesome if they did. i doubt it but that would be a great option. a much better one then indy.

more news on it:

It would be really cool to see a us based team though IF they buy honda as stated in the above article, made in america is only an oxymoron.

The glen won’t happen. It’s not up to snuff enough for f1 to race at plus I am sure the frances would find a reason to not allow them even if they wanted to race there. The only place in the country that has the facilities and the $$$ to host an f1 race is indy which is a big shame since indy is a terrible race track.

Lets just hope ford doesn’t make the motor :wink: After the Daytona 24 lol They’ll never finish.

Daytona has the facilities, but the track isn’t really set up for a F1 race IMO. I would like to see more turns.

Glen is no longer FIA approved, Daytona the apron to the Oval is to harsh (and they’ll NEVER run F1 cars wide open for that long). Laguna with the addition of paved runoff would be approved but the locals will not allow it due to sound. Road Atlanta is approved but does not have the infrastructure around the track to support the F1 circus. Same goes for Barber. If it’s going to happen, it’ll be a street race guys.

As for the US F1 team, this has been floating around for a few years and nothing seems to have come of it. I’d be very very surprised if Windsor has anything to do with it.

Looks like Basil Motorsports is going to have to have a F1 team.

bump

Announcement tomorrow on Speed at noon