usable parts from a 97 infinity q45

i own a 97 infinity q45 its pretty much on its last legs but i also have a 95 240sx. i think that its about time to scrap the q45 but before i do that i wanted to know what parts i could salvage to put into the 240sx. thanks

MAF
Brakes
…of the top of my head…

injectors can also be used there 370 CC but a different style than SR injectors good for a KA-T project.

Thats basically all you can use including happy’s post.

The Q45 brakes are a direct bolt on and the same as 300zx except the thickness of the rotor.

The MAF is huge and a really good upgrade for a turbo system.

what diff does it run ? hows the motor ? hows the rad ? maybe if it has leather seats someone can pimpfit them into an s14 ?

The motors on those cars are amazing. They are fully forged internals.

Definately able to hold major pounds of boost on stock internals and head gasket. Also very light for the size of it.

It however was never offered in a standard transmission.

Power wise its about 315hp stock N/A.

thanks for your help
here’s the deal i’ve already placed an order for a rb26dett with a rb25 tranny which i should have mentioned earlier the Q45 interior is in great shape it’s the body that needs since’s its been in so many accidents from the previous owner the engine is pushing like 400k but it still runs great the rad and the whole fuel systems is one year old meaning new fuel pump and injectors and the rad is still good however the suspension and tranny starting to go so i figured it be cheaper to try and salvage parts to use on the new project. i was told that the q45 has a 90mm throttle body but the question is if it will fit on the rb26? does anyone know if the maf will work with the rb26 and if it does how much boost will it read? and the brakes will I be able to switch the 5 bolt hub on to the 240 as well? thanks

ya the q45 is a 90mm throttle body…the z32 maf fits inside of it.

You will be able to use it but you need to get a “coupler” (from the plumbing section of a canadian tire or wherever) and a i believe its 4 inch pipe.

If your gonna go big boost on your RB i suggest you keep this MAF and use it, you will be glad that you did.

As for the rotors just get them re-drilled into a 4 bolt pattern so that you dont have to change the hubs. It doesnt take alot of effort for the difference that your gonna see.

If not how much would you sell the front brakes for because i want to do that conversion on my own car.

Nice to see a Q45 guy around :slight_smile:

Wow Vizion, you gave him a bunch of bad advice…

1. Q45 brakes are 2 piston floating caliper, Z32 brakes are 4 piston fixed caliper.

2. SR and KA use same injectors so if they don’t fit the SR, they won’t fit the KA.

3. Power from the 97 (4.1) is 266, 96 (4.5) is 278…where do you get 315?

Maybe there’s more?

when they put them on the market they under-rated them.

Look on the front panel of the engine bay it has its specs.

What i mean was that the rotors are the same size i mentioned nothing of the caliper.

I know they fit a KA do you?

Says here “The brakes are the same except the thickness of the rotor.” Seems to me that “brakes” include “calipers”.

And 266-315 is quite the underating.

And If they fit the KA then they fit the SR.

The horespower rating was a my bad i was talking about the earlier model q45 before 1994. You are right about the 1997. I never specified Wheel Horse Power i meant Crank Horse Power.

Estimated Fly Wheel Torque: 317 @ 4800 rpms [assuming 22 % drivetrain loss]

Yes the injectors fit an SR i never said they didnt. You misread that part. They are made differently with the way the work. How EXACTLY i dont know. I do know they fit KA and SR.

Thanks for coming in and trying to make me look like a retard. I guess you know about a Q45 more than i do…

Thanks for clearing this all up for us, maybe next time you’ll be less malicious of how you put your posts

Wow Vizion, you gave him a bunch of bad advice…

I did not give him bad advice… i just didnt specify where, how, and exact specs. Sorry.

i would love to simply redrill the rotors but the problem is that i have a set of 17 inch volk te37’s for the front and 18 inch volk te37’s for the rear already but i can assure you this. I know that my q45 weights more than the 240 but even though their only 2 piston calipers compared to 4 pistons they work pretty damn good to me in high speed sudden braking situations. Plus will the rear calipers’ fit on the 240? or do i need to get fancy with them.

opps’ just to clarify the rims are 5 bolt hence the need to do a conversion

If you already have 5 lug, don’t need to redrill.

And Vizion, I didn’t want to make you sound like a retard, I just didn’t want people who read you info like I did to get misled.

And who said anything about wheel vs flywheel? 1997 had 266 flywheel horsepower, that means even less wheel horsepower, and why do you reference torque?

um? sorry logik23 or ViZioN rear brakes?

um? sorry logik23 or ViZioN rear brakes? oh crap what about the master cylinder?

RB26 has individual throttle boddies, so that Q45 one is useless for your motor.

The RB26 uses a twin MAF setup - so one q45 maf will do you no good. And BTW - MAF’s do not read boost… they don’t even see boost in their normal configuration.

RB26 has individual throttle boddies, so that Q45 one is useless for your motor.

The RB26 uses a twin MAF setup - so one q45 maf will do you no good. And BTW - MAF’s do not read boost… they don’t even see boost in their normal configuration.[/quote]

lol if MAF reads boost, than my boost gauge reads rage
edit: sorry im bored

you can rock two MAFS with an SAFC into a one maf ecu! i read that in the safc2 manual :smiley:

sorry ex honda motor guy but thanks for the info

Hondas are MAP.