used car dealer talk

dont get me wrong, i was not calling you a hack or trying to say anything negative about your business,i was just giving my insight from personal experience. the examples you gave are not hack work, i would say they are smart business decisions right now given the economy and the fact that you are a new dealer, but i would recommend that as your business grows and you start selling better cars worth more money to people who are looking for a good vehicle, to step up to remanned or new parts (junkyard body stuff is fine though as long as it’s in good condition), simply because if you build a reputation with your customers for going the extra mile to have better quality parts…your business will grow and be much more successful than if you were putting junkyard parts on cars you plan on selling for a 4,000 or 5,000 dollar markup…you obviously know your shit when it comes to making money, i’ve just been seeing the place i used to work for struggle for about 6 years now and the owner is doing shit just as cheap today as he did when he first started out, (it worked for him then but now that people expect more it’s not working out too well and he’s beeni dumping money into the business to keep it from failing completely)