USED CAR REPORT

alright ladies and gents, lets give this a try.

post up the results from cars you inquired about. although the criteria here is limited, please add anything you think is also relevant.

if you get the impression the guy is negotiable
was he honest, or lying through his teeth?

condition:

things that are a must when you are looking at S13s:

the first thing you do is get down and check the frame rail under the drivers side, if it is messed you walk away.

make a note of the condition of the hatch on hatchbacks

rocker panels, floor, around windsheild, rear quarters, spare tire etc…heck ALL RUST…

for non rust issues, please make note of the following:

when you turn the car on listen for chain rattle
does the e-brake work?
power steering working?
puddles under the car?

anyways you get the point.

for the guys who recently made threads about this please post your results here.

and in the future, everyone please make it clear which 240’s these are. usually they will be out of trader, but even so give a link so that others will know which ones to stay away from.

91 LE in trader with 220,000km and asking $3200.
Says lady driven in add.

Don’t bother seeing it, its not worth 5 dollars.
Frame is so so at first glance, front strut towers will soon have holes.
Who knows whats holding in the windshield, there are actually noticable holes around it.
Doors are toast, hatch is toast. And I mean toast.

I didn’t bother looking at interior or even driving the car.
I offered her 1500 if test drive checks out for winter car for a friend. She said she wants min 3000 for it.

Andrew.

try to get the last 4 digits of the vin number guys since there seems to be alot of similar looking s13’s and 14’s out there.

the 91 for 1.5k on autotrader. the guy’s from Stevensville.

you would think it’s nice since it’s the s13b buutttttttt I cried when I saw it

problems:

• car’s highway driven, assuming, b/c 300k and no rebuilt engine –
  • almost no engine oil = bring like a few bottles, well… basically do an oil change before if you want to drive it home
  • it’s been sitting there for 3-4 months , probably won’t even get to toronto alive if driven
  • lol 3 winter tires, semi new, and for some reason, the previous owner only got 3
  • that guy’s the 3rd owner - has no idea what or how the first owner treated it
  • rust, left rear wheel panel (I pressed it and it shattered, I saw the guy was staring at me at the corner of my eye, I quickly got up and walked around the car ),
  • a little bit on the right wheel panel
  • trunk lid, not saveable, a foam spoiler rotted it out ( I almost ripped the spoiler off! )
  • those trunk gas thingy that keeps it up = no worky
  • a hugeee rust hold under passenger front seat near the seat bolts , me and my friend poked a flashlight from the chassis and we saw the carpet move from the top size of hole= fist size
  • another hole at the trunk, near the spare tire
  • it’s a super hicas, soo it has a side skirt, the driver side has major major rust on it, and the back end of it is basically falling off.
  • clutch - gone - basically needs to replace before take off on the highway
  • the frame holding the engine, I havent’ seen this much rust on a 13b
  • the engine, something some where near the old filter is leaking onto some of the tubbings
  • you would assume it has power steering, but nooooooooo he said something needed to be replace (edit: I remember, he said tie rods), dang, I forgot what it was, dunoo too much about cars but apparently he wasn’t telling the truth: no power steering, no steering fluid, vacuum lines are gone, something else wasn’t working, I forgot what my friend told me (friend = mechanic, if you want good sound systems in Scarborough, pm me and I’ll give you info)
  • basically the whole steering column needs to be replaced.,… omg and someone told me that cost like 1.3k
  • what else… no stereo, no sound system (probably doens’t matter)
  • some rust, well kinda alot, at the frame under the doors, hidden from the side skirts
  • oh it’s super hicas, doens’t work b/c of the dead power steering
  • rear breaks = needs new ones
  • 300k engine (I think I mentioned that)
  • cracked front windshield, bad enought that you need a new one
  • door hinges has rust on both sides
  • oh, it’s not a cat back exhaust,… just some aftermarkent muffler ( I think there’s a hole somewhere too)

he wasn’t negotiable either, not going down less than 1.2k

Has anyone been out to see this car? It’s been for sale in Autotrader for over a year and has been reduced in price at least 4 times. I’m assuming it has major issues to have been on sale that long.

It’s located in East Scarborough…anyone have any first hand info?

http://www.trader.ca/WestHillAuto/Default.asp?Trader=1&CAT=1&mknm=745&Region=&adid=2539835&dContact=534323&VLot=/WestHillAuto&ADS=2539835|&SRVlot=1&SRslts=1&q1=%3D+1&c1=%40category&q3=745&c3=%40makeid&q4=18497&c4=%40modelcode&q5=&c5=%40adcopy&q6=&c6=%40year&q7=&c7=%40askprice&q14=&c14=%40subcategory&mknm=745&mdnm=240SX&Region=&subcategory=&alpha=

i dont think there is anytthing wrong with it, its just an automatic

whats wrong with that 97 kouki that is always at the top of the trader. its been there for 4 months now.

besides the fact that its an auto.

Honestly, that car has been there for over a year in trader. I remember seeing it there, ever since I was looking for 240sx’s on autotrader.

yea i wonder why…

at a point they had the description of it as a fwd car…haha

If yur talking about an S14 kouki being sold from a dealership in scarb… I went to check it out a while back… it looks salvaged… I mean nothing is aligned… hood, headlights, bumper, doors, are all sitting weird. even the interior seems shady… somthing up with the vin plate too by the windshield… looks as if it was tampered with… see for yur self… but I would spend money on it…

Thanx for the info! Yeah I figured there was somthing really wrong with that car…Any reasonably priced kouki sells within weeks and that thing has been there for well over a year…

Cheers.

thanks for clarifying that shorty

someone should really go check out the red 240sx on trader for 3,250.

Hahahah that black Kouki… omg. I remember when it started at like $19k and it was like 2yrs+ ago. It has been on the trader since I first started looking for a 240 as well. Something’s gotta be super screwy with it.

yea i was wondering how much that dealer must have paid just to keep it in there, unless hes running some sort of deal with the autotrader company.

Hey guys what’s up.

This is just a general notice to anyone looking for a very nice looking 240sx. Now Im not selling for myself or a friend.

I saw it in a little dealership in Whitby, Whitby Motors I believe it was called, on the southeast corner of Garden Street and Dundas Street in Whitby, Ontario. I never got out to inspect the car but, from just seeing it there were no visible signs of rust and she looked very clean. There was no sign stating the price or KM’s as it seemed they just got it in.

So for anyone in the eastend or wanting a car, give this one a look. Might be worth. These little places tend to be willing to wheel and deal.

thanks to sidewaze.

GT

trader has some new 240s up.

I sent an e-mail to the guy with the red240 for 1300 w/ about 100 questions…waiting for response…

red auto 240sx for 990 on autotrader

saw the car , wasn’t too impressed… it looked clean outside

I saw the car twice 2day!
I’ll tell you what I found

yeah it’s loaded, powered w/ the lip

but has some serious problems

• the car doensn’t have alot of rust outside

• the rocker panels under the door has rust which was patched w/ bondo and some of it was cracking … lol the whole rocker along the door sounds like it’s been filled if you knock on it…

• the hatch is totally gone at the end lip and under the hatch when you open it

• altho there’s no visible rust on the door, the driver side speakers is rusted out

• the strut towers have rust and holes…
    the seals to the doors are not good either, I can pess the seals near the window on the car and I can lift the window outward… I dun think other 240s to that

• the motor for the lights don’t work, it’s fixed open

• the frame under that car that holds the engine has rust that’s holling out

• last serious problem is that the car’s been in an accident… there was an ignorant guy there and said it wasn’t in an accident, but the hood ins’t install properly w/ a huge gap on the driver side and it’s lower than the fender on the passenger side

• and the lower driver fender is cracked and it looks dented into the car…

• lower front lip is cracked and loose

• the guy said no accidents but clearly there was… poor job in repairing

• the transmission desn’t change to 2nd geer properly

• and rust on the drifer side trunk
    -engine is about to die too didn’t sound right

• and seats are rippped,

• antenna = broken,

• oh the young guy who works there is a butt.,. I told him the probelms and he kept on saying… “what do you expect for 1 grand”

I can’t low ball w/ him…
the car isn’t worth 990…

btw the guy is such a dick that he told me to clean the whole car w/ the snow brush in my car!! :twisted: :evil:

Im looking for a 92 240SX hatchback but i seem to not be able to find any but anywhere from 90-93 for 3500 or less is my price range at the moment…

I spotted this 240SX on autotrader but not sure whats the real deal about it…

Year: 1990
Make: NISSAN
Model: 240SX
Model Detail:
Price: $2,500
Mileage: ------- km
Date: 1/6/2005
Ad Type: Private

WELL MAINTAINED SPORTS CAR
Comment: Red, 2.4L, 5 spd., high hwy. kms. but well maintained & very clean, very fast car, tilt, pw, cruise, sunroof, Sony CD player, little to certify, wife says must go! $2,500 as is, obo. (705)428-3380. frankcom@bconnex.net (CNLLMQ)

get back to me later on the condition of this car…

why don’t you go out and find out the condition of this car, if its crap, you can report it back to us, if it’s good, buy it.