valve cover breather spitting oil.

I have a Ka, and the breather valve seems to be spitting out oil. Luckily it is not hooked up to the intake pipe. Am I running too high in oil pressure? I took the valve cover off it seems ok, ( I put water in it to see if it leaks, but it goes in the breather and leaves threw those holes at the back and that is it.) Anyone have this issue?

what type of oil are you using? if its too thin it tends to get places it shouldnt

royal purple 5w30
p.s im also boosted 7psi, but havn’t had this problem befor. But i did just do an oil change…

Switch to 10w30, and hook up a catch can or just a hose and run it under the car so u don’t get oil on ur exhaust manifold

Most likely you have cracked a piston ring, thus combustion is leaking into the crankcase and causing this. What engine management are you using? This sounds like a typical scenario with KA-Ts and not having control over ignition timing.

sheet, I hope that isn’t the case, I’ll do a compression test tomorrow. And yea, no ignition management, just retarded timing threw rotor.

Compression test may or may not tell you where the problem is depending on how much oil is coming out. Leak down test is more accurate.

do a leak down test, your engine may be blown.

I don’t have a leak down tester, only comp tester.
It doesn’t feel like I’ve lost power.
I’ve looked on other forums all say the same thing, it seems I have to start tearing a part my engine. Anyone know a good place to buy piston rings in the gta?

its called blowby – happened on my ka-t … look for another engine quick.

it starts with oil , you will get smoke eventually comming outta there too.

I did a compreshion test:

p1 165
p2 160
p3 90
p4 90

Thoes two kinda scare me, Im thinking its not just piston rings, more like head gasket now as well…
I think it would be cheeper to just buy piston rings and fix my car my self.

Exactly why you need to do a leak down test. It will tell you where the problem is coming from, not just give you an idea like a compression test. Most likely you either cracked the rings and/or ringlands on the piston. Cheapest solution is to replace the motor with a used one, as you may have gouged the cylinder walls because of this problem. And get some timing control device or this will just happen again.

why not just get low compression forged pistons if your going to open your engine never put back stock especially if your boosted.

Because I’m broke as shit. I dont plan on running more then 8psi, my pistons should be ok, But on the other hand while im going crazy with my engine, does any one know a place I can grab some arp head bolts and a metel head gasket, I would need them by weds.

Don’t go cometic headgasket unless you’re looking for over 450whp. Get a felpro HG. Go to ka-t.org, you’ll see why.

So if anyone is interested, I tore apart the engine, to find that the rings where ok, so was the head gasket. Upon further inspection I was taking off the piston rings from the last two pistons and the sides of both the heads fell apart in my hand lol…

what do you mean the sides of both the heads? more clarification or pics? this sounds interesting.

In between the top two piston rings cracked off, about an inch in diameter. This happened to two of my 4 pistons.http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/brentaherne/pistonring.jpg
I might take a pic later, but for now this is all you get.

shitty luck but at least you caught it before something worse happend

y would u want arp head bolts and metal gasket if your gonna use stock pistons Ebay has cheap forged pistons kits with rings and lock pins and all i used one in my tractor trailer turbo boosted civic and they held up i found them for $326 for a Ka